rear wheel (echo) keeps moving.

ashleys sugden

Hi everyone, there is always a f*cking problem with my bike, and this is one i can not get my head around..

no matter how tight i tighten my wheel, it just moves, its done it all today, and pretty much ruined the day. the axle doesn't even reach the bolt caps. which means it shouldn't move in theory, but it still does. i tried more spaces on the axle, that didn't work either. its definitely not the threads in the axle. and it never comes loose. ive put the bearings in the hub the other way around, turned the the spacers around, pretty much everything i can think of, but nothing has worked! sorry this might not make any sense at all, but surely someone must know what i mean? sorry, its really hard to explain.

Thanks Ash.

If this is on your echo 24, once you set the wheel up tighten the wheel, then do the chain tensioner up a bit more.

If it's the inspired then no idea sorry, shouldn't move if it's vertical dropouts.

Nut and bolt? It's got to be tapped, or find a bolt with a sharper thread, sometimes works.

Yeah should work as a last resort. The onza integrated tensioners come with a nut. Stops the bolt going back out too.

Yeah but think about it, that nut's there as a locking nut. If he has no thread the thing will fall out.

Surely if the axle is pushing against the bolt, and the nut was stopping the bolt from essentially falling out of the frame due to no thread so it should work?

Or am I missing something and making a massive tit of myself lol.

Surely if the axle is pushing against the bolt, and the nut was stopping the bolt from essentially falling out of the frame due to no thread so it should work?

Or am I missing something and making a massive tit of myself lol.

you're missing something. . .

Think of the location of the bolt.

If this is on your echo 24, once you set the wheel up tighten the wheel, then do the chain tensioner up a bit more.

If it's the inspired then no idea sorry, shouldn't move if it's vertical dropouts.

I've tried it and mine still comes loose. Anyone know if snail cams would make an impact on the spacing?

My threads are fine by the way,