Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nyoli

inpulse R 26 material

5 posts in this topic

not much more to say, I would like to know of which material is the Inpulse R frame made of. I've searched it in the inpluse bike web and it doesn't say anything about the material.

Aluminium 7075 with the heat tratment T6

1 person likes this

where did you get this information? i really doubt it's made of 7075 T6. Cedric Fontenoy said me it's made of 6061 T6, so this post is over

You have it on "Detalles"
http://www.al4bikes.com/b2c/producto/chasisinpulse26/1/chasis-inpulse-r26

Listo de mí, no me he dado cuenta de que eras de Barcelona jajaja. Realmente en la industria, se construyen en 6061 o 7075 dependiendo de la disponibilidad que tenga la empresa para adquirirlos, apenas hay diferencia; lo que hay que fijarse realmente es si tienen los tratamientos térmicos hechos por eso de cambiar la estructura del Aluminio y eliminar tensiones de las soldaduras. Creo que se comentaba por ahí que Ozonys no los hacía en sus curves.

Un saludo!

( Clever of me! I didn't noticed that you were from Barcelona jaja. Really on industry, they are built on 6061 or 7075 depending of the disponibility of the companies, but it has few differences, the most important is the heat treatment in order to change the structure of the alloy and remove tensions of the welds. It is said that Ozonys hadn't had it on their curves)

A greeting!

Edited by kabramontesa

From what I remember, 7075 is virtually impossible to weld, so it'll be 6061 or 7005...