Tidworth Freeride

haydon_peter

It really wouldn't be as simple as chucking some rocks in to make 'natural' features, or building shite with pallets, cable reals, planks of wood and nailing it all together.

Everything would have to be designed and approved, risk assessments carried out, features have to be built to a high standard following building regulations, regularly inspected (Inspections have to be documented) and repaired when required. For insurance purposes riders on site have to be a CTC member or pay for a day pass so memberships would need to be checked and day pass money taken where required. You would also have to attend meetings locally and in Guildford, spend hours on the phone with other senior committee members discussing stuff and also be at the park regularly helping run the show. Right now all of this is done on a voluntary basis and when I was back at home it was basically a full time job alongside my 'real' full time job.

Obviously this would all have to be funded from somewhere and as I'm sure you can appreciate, materials aren't cheap and club funds are limited.

I'm sorry to say it but I don't think a trials area would work. The land doesn't really have any suitable natural features, there isn't masses of spare space to build one and I doubt there would be a high enough volume of riders using it. If there was enough demand in the area (And someone with as much passion as Terry Graves) I'm sure Hampshire Bike Trials Club would still be running.

If you don't have the space that's fine, trooth is I don't have the time to be that involved. Thanks for the reply, I might pop up next year when my xc bike is sorted though.