2014 hs33

tigriss

Looks like a more sculpted Echo SL. If the actual lever body is made of metal instead of that composite cheese the last last ones were they'll be on to another winner though I doubt we're that lucky!

EDIT:

Yep, definately not that lucky though it'll be interesting to see how they perform

Magura was presented in early successors of these Magura HS 33 2011 who both disappointed trialists, many of whom returned to the 2005 model. The famous German brand has reviewed and revised its copy to give us something more attractive and seems more in line with expectations trialist: a brake lever HS 33 2014 refined and lighter, closer in form handles HS 33 2005 handles and brakes MT MT 8 6 disc with a power optimized braking and better protected hose.

The K-124 Store has just received this new, previews, and we present in pictures today. The 2014 handle weighs only 10g more than the famous 2005. The body is made of resin and aluminum handle, available in short (two fingers) or long (four fingers, the better ...). The lever pivot is customizable.

These Magura HS 33 2014 will soon be available for sale and equip the new series of bikes Koxx. To be continued ...

It's virtually the same as the MT2 levers - mine felt really good, Ali's felt really good, Flipp's feel really good. The design is entirely different to the 2011 lever, so just because it is made of a similar material doesn't mean it'll be 'flexy'. I think the layout/design of the 2011 levers might have been what caused some of the 'problems' people had with them, rather than the material.

10g heavier when using a composite... eh?

It's a completely different design, which should hopefully be stronger (especially around the bar clamp and the usual weak spot/corner on the '05s). The weight comparison between the two doesn't really mean much.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using my 2014 Maguras for a dew days now, and honestly they feel pants compared to the 05 ones, so flexy, it's a shame as they look cool on the bike. I will keep riding them a while longer to see if I can get used to them, will let you know how I get on.

They started making them out of glorified plastic, they leaked a lot, they flexed a lot, and did I mention they're also shit?

Glorified plastic in the same way that carbon fibre is glorified plastic, you mean?

I'm not defending the brakes - I didn't like them either - I'm defending carbotecture.

actually carbotecture is plastic mixed up with carbon fibres,its just like theres a carbon wrapping company next door to maguras production place and they get the scrap parts from them,shred it and mix it in their plastic compound.

or would one seriously BUY carbon fibre to shred it and mix it with cheap polymer?

haha

One of the good things about not working at TartyBikes any more is that when I see you aimlessly spouting shit about things you don't understand, I don't have to give any kind of f**k any more.

This is one of those times.

• Like 6

One of the good things about not working at TartyBikes any more is that when I see you aimlessly spouting shit about things you don't understand, I don't have to give any kind of f**k any more.

This is one of those times.

Slightly less good for me (except, not really), but I like that you're enjoying life.

I also enjoy the less tactful, more brutal side of you that not working there brings out. It's delightful!

Edit: Leon. You're dead right. Carbon fibre is carbon fibre. Congratulations!

What dragged you down from a First Class Hons to a Third was the rest of it. I can see where you went wrong - it's unfortunate as if you hadn't made that one mistake of totally disregarding cognitive reasoning you would've ended up just fine. It might "appear to be just plastic" to you (which it doesn't, really), but it's not. If you'd've stuck with your reasoning, you'd've arrived at the conclusion that where carbon fibre is carbon fibre, carbotecture is carbotecture. Carbotecture != plastic. It involves plastic, but is not comprised entirely of it.

I had MT2s which were also made from it and I can assure you they are not "just plastic". I agree, some things aren't in need a flashy name, but things that are [edit2: entirely very] different from something else do require some form of distinction. If that goes by way of it's name, so be it.

Edited by aener
  • Like 1