Inspired Skye Team bikes!

Mark W

I'm neither of those things (I don't think I'm trampy... could be wrong) and I wouldn't spend £100 on a pair of tyres.

True, it was a generalisation....what I mean is £50 a tyre is standard fare in MTBing so I assume Conti's line of thinking is that's what the accepted norm is...also £2300 (Skye money) for a bike is still okish money for a MTB where a lot of people would buy Conti tyres, so why wouldn't Skye customers?

I explained most trials customers aren't used to buying tyres at anywhere near that price, but they said thats what they're made in Germany tyres sell for. Also throw in the fact they will be made in such small quantities they could easily be sold for much more to cover costs...so it's a tricky one for them.

I'm also neither trampy or particularly young and unless I could source a deal on them I'd be hard pushed to pay the difference over a set of Holy Rollers.

Sorry I was talking about the bike not the tyres lol

I know, that's why I said "I'm not sure if this in linked"..... if the finishing kit for the bike isn't available then the bike won't be available......

Do you reckon people who ride street trials bikes are willing to spend less on tyres? For example a rear conti der kaiser and a front try-all shift will set you back like £110 and is a pretty common sight.

I don't really keep up to date with traditional tyres so didn't realise that was the current standard. With what you've said then yeah maybe they will, however for 24" most people are used to the £25 mark for the Holy Roller/DMR Moto so it will seem like a big price hike.

True, it was a generalisation....what I mean is £50 a tyre is standard fare in MTBing so I assume Conti's line of thinking is that's what the accepted norm is...also £2300 (Skye money) for a bike is still okish money for a MTB where a lot of people would buy Conti tyres, so why wouldn't Skye customers?

I explained most trials customers aren't used to buying tyres at anywhere near that price, but they said thats what they're made in Germany tyres sell for. Also throw in the fact they will be made in such small quantities they could easily be sold for much more to cover costs...so it's a tricky one for them.

I'm also neither trampy or particularly young and unless I could source a deal on them I'd be hard pushed to pay the difference over a set of Holy Rollers.

I know, that's why I said "I'm not sure if this in linked"..... if the finishing kit for the bike isn't available then the bike won't be available......

My bad lol

I explained most trials customers aren't used to buying tyres at anywhere near that price

Think this applies mostly to 24"/street trial riders.

Most 'pure' trials riders are pretty used to those costs. See Try-All tyres, Monty Pro Race, Conti Der Kaisers etc