TRYALL carbon snap :(

trialsiain

I just had a thought, do you think the stupid angles people have been running are putting different strains on the bend?

Ben

Thought the same myself.

Nearly bought myself a set of carbon bars a couple of times in the last month... this had kinda put me off :b

I saw you posted pics of this bike four weeks ago, and pretty much everything on it looked unscratched and totally new.

So I reckon this was a four week old bar, and in your videos you look neither Sumo nor Watson.

If I am right (and you didn't tighten the stem bolts way too hard), please let Try All do some explaining, nowar whatever...

If this was aluminium or some other metal or alloy, I'm pretty sure you would have just accepted it, so why can't people accept that carbon must snap at some point? Just my thoughts, not hating :) Anyway that does suck Iain, are you gonna buy carbon bars again? :)

Metal bars don't cost a minimum of £100 though, which is my real beef

• Like 2

I think some carbon bars snap as a quality control fail.

If there are any voids/ air in the mould it will definilty fail at that point. And i can be 100% sure no trial bar manufacturer has a x ray facility to check the quality of there bars.

They will just cut open the odd one here and there.

On this I won't buy any carbon bar without a warranty. Unless they were to say they checked every bar for voids

To be honest I think Try-All have tweaked the bars so you can use them in any angle you want, since most of the Try-All team riders have the bars like that.

I dont have any proof though it just makes sense, at least in my head...

Edit: By tweaked I mean they have changed the design or something like that.

Edited by Kevinfor

Everything can fail.

But carbon bars are stiffer and stronger than aluminium bars, it's a fact, everyone I know who have carbon bar notice that.

Unless your bar have quality problem.

So stop saying carbon bars are shit.

I have broken 3 aluminium bars, but I've never broken carbon bars.

Edited by Maxx

Try-All Carbons seem to be failing more often recently. Seen/heard of a few going now in a short period of time.

Bit of a downer considering the price.... I'll stick to metal bars. Last longer and are more resistant to knocks.

• Like 1

Damn, i used Rockbars for the last year and a half and they did their job, just changed recently for the Try-All´s, for no reason at all and i see this. I feel the Try-All less flexy than the Rockbars, and they give me confidence i must say.

I dont use Carthy bars style neither, só i dont know if is that the problem.

From my experience as a bike mechanic i must say that is a material defect. NOWAR means No Warranty, but you should get another set for free.