Jaf S 26"

Paperclip

Not really, I'd say that was average in terms of modern geo 26" street frames.

Edit it is a bit roomy with my current stem choice though haha, Look forward to a higher shorter one!

Edited by Seabasss

• 4 months later...

i began reading all the old topics again,where everyone followed the jaf hype,heard of 3 frames cracking this year.

in the meantime my old frame has changed the owner,it was over 2 years old when i posted it.

makes all the posts from back in the days really funny to read,try it!

edit:as someone liked this post,maybe its in fact interesting:

https://www.google.de/search?q=jaf+bikes+site:www.trials-forum.co.uk&client=firefox-a&hs=nx3&rls=org.mozilla:de:official#q=jaf+bikes+marino+site:www.trials-forum.co.uk&rls=org.mozilla:de%3Aofficial

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

Shut the f**k up.

You're boring, and I hate you.

wasnt it people like you and josh slating marino(and everything i said),trying to keep "diplomatic"(well kind of) in their words?

if i say my opinion that in a look-back to that old posts all those slating,doesnt-need-heat-treating-because-of special-material-blabla was a joke in my eyes,its a reason for people to hate me? :blink:

me and other people were right back in the days,you and others werent,get over it.

at least i didnt say anything negative regarding jaf after the big discussion about the delays of last year marino had,where others continued to fuel the fire until now.

didnt want to insult you in any way with my above post btw,was more the usual "someone feels pointed at and gets offensive" thing i´ve seen here many times.but here in germany we have the freedom of speech,and i used it for saying what i thought.

i want to make clear that this here has nothing to do with marinobikes,its my own opinion and in no way marinos.

if you want to hear his,write him a mail,dont start a debate here because i said something,and my sig says "marino"

just saying

Edited by FamilyBiker

to be fair to flipp

even if I didn't post a response similar to his "I hate you", I was feeling a little bit like " what the f*ck, not again with this BS..." when I saw your post(Familybiker's post)

about Familybiker:

whatever pushes you to be be like this on here, you can be so irritating....

the thing is, you are not aggressive or insulting

you have just a way to express your opinion that get on people's nerves

and to be honest, I m pretty sure it's you and not the fact that your german

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

i apologize for being like that,it was just the fact that if something like the jaf thing happens,noone is talking about it(or did you read something other than trials-mikeys frame being rewelded by mr booth?),whereas only one big thing has gone wrong with marino months ago and people still rant and troll about it.

i felt the need of keeping it balanced,didnt do myself a favour though maybe.

need to let go more with such things,who even cares about now...

sorry folks,honestly

To be fair, I think Peter has a point this time. Unusual, I know.

I was (and will continue to be) pretty vocal about how shit Marino was during my last order from him, and the fact I won't own another. Others were too, and it seems that even people who weren't directly involved with Marino feel they should have a poke at him too - fine by me. The odd thing is that JAFs were snapping all over the place, coming out bent, just generally shoddy and quite a bit more expensive, and the brand itself got pretty much no stick. To be fair, I'm pretty happy about that as Josh is sound and certainly didn't want to screw anyone over, but it's not particularly fair that it's OK to slag off one brand and not another.

Personally, I wouldn't buy another Marino, but I don't think I'd buy a JAF (if that was possible) either.

As it happens, this thread is a massive bump, started by the current owner of an Omen...

• Like 1

For the record: two of my three Jafs lasted longer than my Marino before cracking. The geometry was also correct.

I've stated many times that I understand and regret that Jaf went down the shitter.

At the time of those comments, you were not correct. My blue frame was made during that period and happily outlasted the Marino I had. It was those made after that time when he was trying to make them lighter/fancier that they started going wrong. My blue frame weighed the same as my Marino, for reference.

I've also made it clear on several occasions that I know Jaf were not without issue, but I supported them as they were the better option of the two. (Until things started going really bad.)

My problem with you is that you consistently spread misinformation as fact, ignore reason, be generally antagonistic and then try to weedle your way out of it by claiming it was a "joke" and that it's the German sense of humor that's different/doesn't translate.

I know this not to be the case as I seem perfectly able to communicate amicably with German members of a music production forum I frequent.

Chimp - thanks for highlighting that. I have become increasingly irritable of recent for many a reason, and since that's obviously been reflected on here I'll not come back for a while.

You're one of the very finest people on here and you thinking ill of me makes me very uncomfortable.

Chimp - thanks for highlighting that. I have become increasingly irritable of recent for many a reason, and since that's obviously been reflected on here I'll not come back for a while.

You're one of the very finest people on here and you thinking ill of me makes me very uncomfortable.

Gimme a hug

1337880370_cat_hug.gif

Shut the f**k up.

You're boring, and I hate you

Now that is rather harsh? To say you are an amazing rider and after seeing you're numerous posts from previous topics you do come across as a very negative person which must make myself and others think even less of you.

Cheers

Viv

Edited by Vivian-Trial

Right I honestly haven't read anything below Flipp saying he hates family bloke.

I aren't on speaking terms with Josh at the moment however this frame isn't one of the frames that cracked straight away I got at least 3 days riding each week for around 2 months before I managed to crack it on the drop out which I sort of expected that to happen as I asked for this bike to be relatively light and I rode it harder than alot of street riders would have and I am 16 stone so yeah.

In answer to Family bikers question I moved to a BBB stem which made it loads nicer.

may i ask what the frames weight was?

I do still have the frame so I will get back to you on that one I think we was aiming around 1.7 - 1.8 mark, I can't remember what my marino was though but I think my hex frame was over the 2kg mark so quite the difference!

I have recently joined the Omen team as JD sort of said and the move down to 24" has been really good!

Edit: to say my bit regarding how this topic has hit the wall I agree that people should have been in the know regarding Jaf frames and a topic would have potentially made some forum members happy but the people involved and the riders who have lost money or had frame related problems are all in the know and know where they stand so why dose that have to be publicly posted. It had also been over facebook and spoken about within the street community. I must say that you Family biker have to understand that a lot of these frame related topics you get into and post on has a massive knock on effect towards Leon and Ross who are trying to promote a company and just getting pissed on by the way you post things.

Edited by Seabasss

kind of understand your point,but why should ross or leon be seen as related to any posts i made/make, i am an individual,i am not to be seen as a team rider,i am just a massive fan of marinos work and maybe a light version of clerictgm in terms of "products should be cheap and strong preferably".

i dont see a point in my posts making marino a bad reputation either,everyone i know who has bought a marino so far was happy with it for years,and i think people should re-think if theyre individual too,or just floating with the masses.i am a single guy that has his opinions,the combination with being a friend of marino seems misleading for people to take my arguments as the brands opinion,which is just wrong!

i´ve read few posts in a bmx forum a few months ago for example,a team rider of a famous brand (same league as wtp and stuff) has posted stuff i never could leave the house again for,and who blamed the brand? nobody.

thats some kind of tf phenomenon i think.

as for the weight thing(and now i´ll say that in "smack a mates shoulder and say:" way,so no pun intended),that was kind of your fault then,1.8kg for a street frame is in a range where its kind of fragile already.

;)

if you did the same stuff on that one like on the old marino you had back i the days its not a big surprise,probably the marino died the same way.

hope my point is a bit clearer now,and really sorry your topic went that way due to me making that post.

and flipp,if you read this:i didnt mean this personal in any way.heat of the moment thing

Edited by FamilyBiker