Rear HS33 mounts messed up. What are my options?

dann2707

Hey.

The rear mounts on my bike are absolutely fecked to put it nicely! The guy before me has tried helicoiling but even at that it has been done poorly and the new bolts have been put in at an angle. It needs doing again but how many times can you helicoil / drill / helicoil?

If it's got a thread in there already from the helicoil, can I drill this out and put another helicoil in or would it be worth moving up to M6 bolts? Do they fit nicely in the clamps or will I have to drill the clamps to accommodate them? (would give it ago but cant access my things atm)

Thanks for any input :)

I think I'm using M6 on the rear and had to file the mounts but it was pretty straight forward, the thing that took time was getting new spacers for my booster. I had to get a steel rod, cut it down and make it hollow, took forever but works just fine.

• Like 1

Go to M6 Dan (Y). Dosen't take long to file out your mounts with a needle file :).

You might be able to helicoil it again, but if the ones in there are off square, you'll have a job getting the new ones in so they're spot on.

I always run M6, hate anything with M5, should of been altered by now in my opinion.

I've just ordered an m6 helicoil kit. May aswell take the plunge.

This frame is an utter write off haha 6 cracks rewelded, BB messed up and all four maggy threads ruined. But I can't give up on it just yet as the geo is amazing! it's a sidehop machineeeeeeee

• Like 1