Petr Kraus in Bahrain

Rusevelt

Pretty boring for a Red Bull video. Feel Ali could do a far better job though I'm pretty clueless about this Petr Kraus guy?

Lol, n00b. Petr Kraus is a pretty old school rider - used to ride for GT. He was World Champion in something like 1994. He was much more prolific (and a bit better) 'back in the day', but seems to concentrate more on shows, adventure stuff and Red Bull stuff these days in much the same way that other riders of that era (Lance Trappe, Ryan Leech, Martyn Ashton, etc.) do.

• Like 4

I think carl must be joking about not knowing who petr kraus is :P

Rode for red bull donkeys years ago

Also (correct me if in wrong) the orange zero was his signature frame.

He is in the uk section of contact.

yea man the orange zero was one of the best frames goin back in 2001/2002 :) he was an ex world champion and i dont remember him riding for GT? that was hans ray!

Yeah I don't remember him riding for GT, but he was world champ, and the Zero is legendary!

Pretty sure he did ride for GT for a bit - isn't he riding a GT in the video above? That's the video I had in mind when I wrote that post anyway.

I'd almost forgotten about him riding for Orange! I remember a feature in MBUK of him riding in the Alps (?), going onto the roof of a hut on a Zero way back when. One of the coolest things I'd seen in the mag!

EDIT: In fact, after a closer look, that looks like his 14" (!) Zero stickered up as a GT.

Edited by Ben Swales