Tartydays 2013

harmertrials

Just a little bump for anyone who would like to offer any feedback about the weekend, both your experiences or suggestions about how to improve.

We had an awesome time and it wouldn't have been that way without you guys - thank you so much for coming and getting stuck in despite Saturday's stupid weather!

Mark's hoping to get the video done within the next week or so, so keep an eye out for that :)

Thanks once again to every single person who was a part of the event!

Although I didn't go, my suggestion would be to make the event early as possible so that people can plan ahead better maybe? I mean a month is plenty but with radfest they gave about 7 or 8 months notice. And I think with you it was about 2 months?

Not a bad thing, just a suggestion. :)

Cheers dude, makes sense! I guess we did leave it fairly late but I needed to have my arm twisted by Stan to run it at all, haha. We also didn't want to release too much info before Radfest to make sure the two events weren't too similar - its great to have a choice for riders but we didn't want to do the same thing again only a month later.

If there is a 2014 we'll make sure there's plenty of advance warning :)

Haha great, if there is one next year I'll make sure I'm free for sure! Gutted I couldn't go. Yeah the events being similar thing is annoying, maybe you could possibly talk to the organisers of radfest and work out what differences you both will have. Can sort of see it going very bad if you do have a chat and one organisation uses the others idea.

Or you could simply not release any fine details until after radfest is over.

Seems like you guys put in so much more effort than the Radfest lot only to be pissed on all day! >_<

I know which event I'd choose to go to next year. Sorry Jack but you're going to have to do some sweet social media impressing to get me to choose Radfest over Tarty Days next year.

Saying that, Adam you'll have to do some sweet impressing to get me to choose Tarty Days over Dressler camp :P

Ah it's not a competition chaps, and it turned out they were pretty different in the end anyway. Radfest seems to be a really 'raw' weekend of riding, away with your mates, getting lashed and having a big one, whereas Tarty Days ended up pretty family orientated thing with mini events to keep spectators / mums & dads interested too. I'm confident there's room and demand for both types of event so we don't need to compete with each other :)

Lukas came over to help this weekend actually, I need to get myself to Dressler Camp next year, looks so awesome!

• Like 2

really good weekend, everything went well considering the weather (and the fact i snapped my frame) good organisation, loved the fact that if there was a event on it didn't take up the whole park so it was very optional if you didn't want to take part that you could ride the other obstacles if you didn't fancy it, the little competitions were good, i think the eliminator trial was very good and enjoyed partaking in that! a really good laugh, and the guy behind the microphone did a very good job at commentating (i know how hard work that is speaking from experience) defo a good vibe an everybody was very friendly! met some new faces and glad to meet some old mates again! having danny comas there and danny mac was a good touch.

Brilliant weekend.

Well done to everyone involved in organising it and making it happen.

Such a great bunch of people to hang out with. I think Adam nailed it when he said, "trials feels like a community again".

(Y)

Some AMAZING riding went down - very inspiring stuff. I was psyched to be a part of such a great event. Looking forward to Mark's video.

the guy behind the microphone did a very good job at commentating (i know how hard work that is speaking from experience) defo a good vibe an everybody was very friendly!

Thanks :) That means a lot because I - like you - don't find it an easy job either!

• Like 1

You say that, but you did an awesome job of the Eliminator commentating even whilst enjoying that Inspired ice cream ;)

Really glad the weather improved on Sunday though, made everything much more enjoyable. I know all the guys at TartyBikes had put in a shitload of effort to make the little comps as good as possible, so it was cool that the Eliminator in particular got good weather. Dani Comas donning some goggles and Danny Mac throwing out freebies to avoid getting soaked was awesome...

• Like 1

You say that, but you did an awesome job of the Eliminator commentating even whilst enjoying that Inspired ice cream ;)

Cheers mate - that Inspired ice cream was yuuuuuummm (Thanks Ben Swales!)

Dani Comas donning some goggles and Danny Mac throwing out freebies to avoid getting soaked was awesome...

Both of these things were legendary and have just made me chuckle to myself thinking back to it!

• Like 1

Awesome weekend despite the rain. Really enjoyed the different events put on and all the effort put in by TB's and the other stands. Thanks guys!

Less wasps and the trampoline closer to the start of the eliminator next year :wink:

I cant' fault anything of the event! The rain didn't spoil things really either as somehow the tyres and wood seemed to be grippy to ride anyway, not that i did any riding. True testiment to the festival carnimal type atmosphere that the event was. It wasn't a weekend were you went to ride, but a weekend where you went to have a good time, where there was also riding! I can't believe the level of the riding these days from last time i saw things go down all those years ago, it's ridiculous, with Flipp taking the cherry for his brakeless antics. Unbelievabe skill.

I'd like to thank Everyone for making it what it was, a proper memorable weekend, from everyone who organised it and ran it, to Anal for asking me to go, and all the oldies who chewed the fat, and Adam for giving me free reign of his bike for the moments i wanted to have a blast.

Loved it.

• Like 3