Jaf frame crack situation

Trials-Mikey

Has Josh given any reasons for shutting up shop with so little notice (or information)? He was pushing his new products etc. and sponsoring Euan Beaden a few weeks back at Radfest and the next week he's shut up shop for good.

As has been said- looooverly welds there Leigh- look forward to seeing what you put together in the way of custom frames.

Very tidy. Why have I never seen welding like that on a bike? Obviously there are plenty of companies and they have the means to do it but choose not to.

Whyyyyyyyyyy?

It doesn't take any longer to weld like this I'm fully coded matey u just have to know what Ur doin I have always said jaf frames looked okay but the welds wasn't up to scratch I have mentioned it on here before and I got ribbed .

When jaf started making frames I offerd to help get his welding up to standard and he wasn't interested at all he just replied he don't need my help because he is also fully coded (witch I don't believe )

I would of been quite happy to help too but seeing as there might be a gap in the market for me I might jump in pal

• Like 1

It doesn't take any longer to weld like this I'm fully coded matey u just have to know what Ur doin I have always said jaf frames looked okay but the welds wasn't up to scratch I have mentioned it on here before and I got ribbed .

When jaf started making frames I offerd to help get his welding up to standard and he wasn't interested at all he just replied he don't need my help because he is also fully coded (witch I don't believe )

I would of been quite happy to help too but seeing as there might be a gap in the market for me I might jump in pal

I agree on Jaf, his welds look really messy especially this cracked red one, that doesn't bother me, but he spoke on here like he was some kind of weld god.

Anyone who criticized Jaf on here got ribbed, a lot of people on here are good friends of his so you won't get much unbiased opinion, people bought into the fast turn around & flashy website.

Your welds look great though, get some made them get some riders to hammer them!

I like my jaf frame. But your right about the welfare no being quite up to scratch, a freind of mine who welds aerospace ti wanted a look but never got round to it. I suspect he would have tryed to scrap the had frame and make me a new one.

Last time I spoke to him he was giving greif about the shoddy welds on alloy bikes from giant and spesh.

Maybe so but I haven't seen any welding on any jaf frame that has been up to standard

We're ever I have worked if someone did a weld test like that they wouldn't get the job . I'm training a 18 yr old apprentice at the mo he's 4 months in and can already weld to a higher standard than jaf !

Couldn't possibly say at the mo il be making them out of stainless steel as we all know its a little dearer but I'm not about to rip peaple off they will be priced to please any thing super extravagant will obviously be a little more .

Good to hear your going to be fair on your prices :) Not having a dig or questioning your knowledge but i think stainless is a bad decision as it work hardens so i have read? Correct me if I'm wrong though :P

Never had a weld break and my welds go through far more stress than a bike frame a built a chassis for my dads Westfield out of stainless steel four years ago and that's still going strong mate

I'm just brainstorming at the min but as I said I won't be selling nothing until I know it's reliable