Jaf frame crack situation

Trials-Mikey

No worries George it's fine pal.

And thanks for all the great comments about my welding its nice too hear but I have to weld like this in my job if I didn't I wouldn't have a job everything has to be high grade class 1 welding or your out the door. I don't see my self as a welding god just qualified enough to keep my job and feed my family that's all I care about lol

I'm goin to also get some videos of welding tube over this coming week I.e different mocked up tube joints that u would find on a frame because I also think a lot of peaple on here are under a false impression of how long welding takes .

I wasn't going to say anything on though topic but seen as George asked who I was I thought I'd comment.

I won't be selling any frames until the have had a true battering so I can iron out any bad areas if I'm going to to this I'm going to do it properly and I will certainly not be taking any money of peaple until my frames are refined enough to sell.

And regards to frame fabrication my job as a pipe fitter/ welder/ fabricator to major food companies and water companies and pharmaceutical companies I wouldn't of thought a frame would be an issue for me .

As I told before, no offense or bad feelings about that, because seem t work nicely

Yeah, I got back now and read it sorry about that. I hope it will work out well for you!

I am not worried about your skills or experience, I am just thinking, that there are some companies, see marino or JAF, who are considered good ones, are still making bad frames after years/month of experience. Again, it is not against you or your skills, it just make me thing that making a frame takes more than good skills.

Again, it might be only my worries, or maybe more people worries, s if I am wrong, and that is highly possible, please state it

If you'd read the thread, you'd have read that he's mentioned on more than one occasion that he won't be selling any frames until he's done exactly that.

Hope this venture goes well for you dude! Custom frames aren't needed by all that many, but are invaluable to those that do.

Cheers flip thanks for Ur backing.

As I told before, no offense or bad feelings about that, because seem t work nicely

Yeah, I got back now and read it sorry about that. I hope it will work out well for you!

I am not worried about your skills or experience, I am just thinking, that there are some companies, see marino or JAF, who are considered good ones, are still making bad frames after years/month of experience. Again, it is not against you or your skills, it just make me thing that making a frame takes more than good skills.

Again, it might be only my worries, or maybe more people worries, s if I am wrong, and that is highly possible, please state it

From day one I have always said jafs frames looked nice but the welding was very amateur witch was a big shame but personally I couldn't bring my self to sell something with welding like that

I am making two jigs and also I have a good friend and colleuge who is gonna help me out if things get too busy (if) .

• Like 1

WOW thats poor!

Look how pist that support behind the bb is.. imho that frames a scrapper, weld heavy and weak as piss, if you sort that mess out bud your my hero..

I wasn't gonna comment on the support I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to spot it ! Didn't take long

Looking at the frame closely reveals my original thinking about the welds was correct personally in my experience the weld are to cold thers a lot of (cold lap ) I'm looking forward to tarting this up tomorrow