How much Inspired frames were broken/cracked?

clerictgm

As we know, Inspired frames not so expensive in manufacturing and Element, for example, have catalogue dropouts, fourplay dropouts and disc mounts made from different aluminum bars (not one piece) + few dirty secrets that I will not say.

BUT the main factor that reflects the quality are statistics.

I found few cases but it seems that broken Inspired is really rare thing to see.

So, I suggest to post every found/(or your own expirience) case.

Cheap manufacturing tricks - check.

So why Inspireds so good(they are good, really?)? R&D does all the work?

The first one:

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/f3/broken-inspired-element-frame-49885/

Cracked Element gray from OT.

post-30941-0-98888000-1379872294_thumb.j

disc mounts made from different aluminum bars (not one piece) + few dirty secrets that I will not say.

just a pointer that to make a one piece disc mount would bump up the prices of the frames......I'm yet to see a frame brake on the disc mount anyway so I'm not sure it's quite the problem you make it out to be.

Quite curious about the dirty secrets too, I've known the guys at Inspired for a long time and I'd say they are one company that do things correctly and avoid situations that would get them in bother.

how much omen frames cracked,how much zoots?

how much parts can stand trials for longer than maybe a year?

how much should we pay you for quitting posting topics like that? ;)

the case you brought up was ridden without a booster btw.

f**k boosters. I don't use them even on because and all ok. Inspired MUST be more solid than chineese-shit-because, isn't it?

>how much parts can stand trials for longer than maybe a year?

What year? Yours? Give it to bonedeth guys and it it will be destroyed far more faster.

I'm talking just about Inspireds.

And I think that catalogue parts is unacceptable on frame that costs more than $300.

Edited by clerictgm

That's pretty defamatory. You shouldn't really allude to 'dirty secrets' if you're not going to say what they are. You don't leave Inspired in a position to defend themselves. You're possibly making Inspired look bad but doing so without any actual substance or evidence.

My experience of Inspired is also of a company that spends a lot of time involved in R+D so that they can produce reliable products. Thus the long weight for the Arcade.

I don't really see the issue with certain parts of a frame not being totally original but being 'catalogue' in certain respects. If the geometry and durability is good then what's the issue with standard drop outs? Originality for the sake of originality just means greater cost. Surely it's better to focus on what needs developing and maintain what's already good or fine if it reduces cost?

Regarding the strength of Inspired frames my experience is of very good durability. Due to my size and riding style I have always broken parts very quickly. I've had frames last me only weeks. Although I have developed cracks in my Inspired frames they have always lasted me 1+ years and despite the cracks they probably could have continued for more. I would only change frames at that point because I err on the side caution.

That being said, a manufacturing process is never going to be perfect. Inevitably manufacturing defects *will* occur and that's why there's a warranty to cover such failures. A one year warranty is very decent I think.

I can't helping thinking there's potentially a rather negative motivation to this post. I've seen you also posting about Inspired alternatives that you're trying to sell. Perhaps that isn't the reason but it's a coincidence worth thinking about...

Edited by Ben Rowlands

And I think that catalogue parts is unacceptable on frame that costs more than $300.

The Element has catalogue dropouts but I'm pretty sure that's it (excluding cable stops and vee mounts). They tested the original fourplay frame for years with loads of riders and figured they could save money on places like the dropouts which proved to be strong but spend more money on making other areas stronger (one piece bb and yolk).

The current frames all have custom droputs, headtubes, bb yolks and disc mounts I believe.

That's pretty defamatory. You shouldn't really allude to 'dirty secrets' if you're not going to say what they are. You don't leave Inspired in a position to defend themselves. You're possibly making Inspired look bad but doing so without any actual substance or evidence.

My experience of Inspired is also of a company that spends a lot of time involved in R+D so that they can produce reliable products. Thus the long weight for the Arcade.

I don't really see the issue with certain parts of a frame not being totally original but being 'catalogue' in certain respects. If the geometry and durability is good then what's the issue with standard drop outs? Originality for the sake of originality just means greater cost. Surely it's better to focus on what needs developing and maintain what's already good or fine if it reduces cost?

Regarding the strength of Inspired frames my experience is of very good durability. Due to my size and riding style I have always broken parts very quickly. I've had frames last me only weeks. Although I have developed cracks in my Inspired frames they have always lasted me 1+ years and despite the cracks they probably could have continued for more. I would only change frames at that point because I err on the side caution.

That being said, a manufacturing process is never going to be perfect. Inevitably manufacturing defects *will* occur and that's why there's a warranty to cover such failures. A one year warranty is very decent I think.

I can't helping thinking there's potentially a rather negative motivation to this post. I've seen you also posting about Inspired alternatives that you're trying to sell. Perhaps that isn't the reason but it's a coincidence worth thinking about...

was thinking the exact same, running some hate propaganda to drum up business for himself

was thinking the exact same, running some hate propaganda to drum up business for himself

business? businass? lol guys tha f**k was this? are you REALLY SO STUPID? business in selling frames at a loss? you have brain damage or what? f**k you. just f**k you. I already have buyers from Russia. anyway, business, are you serious?

your country has higher:

- triple greater GDP per capita

- higher HDI

- and overall quality of life

how can you be sou stupid, i don't understand.

and sooooou f**king biased.

I just worried about my lil' grey cutie. AND THAT'S ALL.

so go f**k yourselves with your f**king conspiracy theories about my BUSINESS ahahahah,you idiots.

business? businass? lol guys tha f**k was this? are you REALLY SO STUPID? business in selling frames at a loss? you have brain damage or what? f**k you. just f**k you. I already have buyers from Russia. anyway, business, are you serious?

your country has higher:

- triple greater GDP per capita

- higher HDI

- and overall quality of life

how can you be sou stupid, i don't understand.

and sooooou f**king biased.

I just worried about my lil' grey cutie. AND THAT'S ALL.

so go f**k yourselves with your f**king conspiracy theories about my BUSINESS ahahahah,you idiots.

Well, I didn't know your situation exactly and I was open to that not being the case which is evident in the way I phrased how I possibly saw things. I apologise if I'm wrong. None the less, there is the equally important matter of you defaming Inspired. Really you need to either elaborate on 'dirty secrets' or admit that it's nonsense.

It would be preferable if we could speak about this reasonably.

Edited by Ben Rowlands