Ozonys Cannibal v1 - change from Limey 4

Jake.

A mate proposed the idea of a lower bottom bracket height frame to me, at first I thought he was being silly. I bit the bullet, here it is. Best bike I feel like I've ever had, she's not a looker but rides so damn fine.

Geo is 1080, 35, 380 I've been told.

Frame + Misc:
Ozonys Cannibal v1
Carbon wrap sticker on toptube

Rear Wheel:
Echo Tr 135mm fixed
15t Sprocket
Echo Tr Rim
Sapim double butted spokes
Insulation tape as rim tape
Schwalbe DH tube inside a cut out cheap tube
Continential Der Kaiser with side tread cut off

Front Wheel:
Echo Tr hub
Echo Tr Rim
Sapim double butted Spokes
Insulation tape as rim tape
Standard Tube
TryAll Stiky

Drivetrain:
Reset Titanium BB
KMC K710 Kool Chain
Echo SL Crank Bolts
Try All 175mm Cranks
Echo SL Freewheel
Adamant Full Bashring

Superstar CNC Nano through Pin Pedals

Steering:
Echo Urban Forks
Unknown Internal Headset
Trialtech Stem
Trialtech Highrise
Trialtech Foams

Rear Brake:
Magura Hs33 2004
Custom TPA Bolt

Echo Tr Clamps
Heatsink Yellow CNC
Trialtech Hose Spltiter

Front Brake:

Avid SD7 Lever

Deeore Arms

Standard Cable

Heatsink Coust CNC

005_zps0008b680.jpg

010_zpsa668a0a6.jpg

009_zpsbef1871c.jpg

008_zps3294da4d.jpg

Edited by JMCD
  • Like 2

my chain keeps going slack after a ride even if the tensioner is set up, anyone know how to sort this?

was it designed to have a mech hanger originally? could be that the dropout is too thin without it and so the bolt won't tighten enough?

was it designed to have a mech hanger originally? could be that the dropout is too thin without it and so the bolt won't tighten enough?

I'll see if it takes one tomorrow, if there's a small circular gap I'll stick a spacer in there. Cheers. :)

That bike should really suit your riding :)

Looks decent, not a big fan of that profile sticker or the color though.

First solo ride out on it was with just a rear brake, liked it. Second time I had both brakes, and I'm in love. Can't imagine many people who would like it though.

Haha she was never designed to be a looker in mind, just strength and reliability. :) The horrible thing is, on the other side there's a massive monster sticker and I'm struggling to peel it off. :sick:

Low bb for the win. My limey 3 is +35

Yes dude! Was eyeing your thread up the other day and really want to have a go on it now. I'd be interested to see how a bigger stem with lower bars compares to low stem higher bars. :)

If I'm honest I didn't expect the comments to be this positive, thanks lads.

Edited by JMCD

First solo ride out on it was with just a rear brake, liked it. Second time I had both brakes, and I'm in love. Can't imagine many people who would like it though.

Haha she was never designed to be a looker in mind, just strength and reliability. :) The horrible thing is, on the other side there's a massive monster sticker and I'm struggling to peel it off. :sick:

If the frame doesn't differ waaayyyyy to much from the cannibal v2 I'd like that bike aswell :)

hahahah ooooh, that must be a pain in the arse for you ;)

If the frame doesn't differ waaayyyyy to much from the cannibal v2 I'd like that bike aswell :)

hahahah ooooh, that must be a pain in the arse for you ;)

Haha personal taste I guess man, yeah feel free to have it. ;)

looks good mate. glad you like it as much as me.

Yeah man, cheers! If I you ever see me on a group ride feel free to have a play.

Love the old cannibals, remember lusting after quackers (remember him?) one in bright orange :)

Light, strong, stiff - they were 3-400g lighter than the same era offerings from deng IIRC.

Light? Hmm suppose it's actually quite light for the year, never heard of quackers. Got any pictures of his? Bright orange sounds grim.

I was tempted to get a 05/6 deng frame too, but this just ticked all the boxes.

• Like 1

Holy crap never noticed that! Sack off the DH tube and put a bog standard wilkos special in there, works perfectly :)

The cannibal frames were 1690g IIRC, for an 06/07 frame when dengs were hovering around the 2100g mark; it was ridiculously light but still strong with it - they were also very pricey.

My 06 triton frame is 100g lighter than the same age cannibal (my friend has one and still rides it) but is no where near as stiff.

The orange ones are beautiful imho, something like this :)

DSC00369.JPG

• Like 1

You guys have obviously not seen me ride then haha, besides it seems to puncture a tad easier with the side knobbles cut. I punctured it most rides with just the dh tube.

When I lifted the frame on its own I thought it was heavy, but that was cause I compared it to a limey 4.

That ozonys looks lush! A well nice orange.

• 3 years later...