#GET AN IMAGE

Robin M S/c

Two new framesets have been built up today from the new brand IMAGE.

The smaller X92 (920mm wheelbase) is aimed at the 6-9 year olds and the larger X98 (980 wheelbase) follows on until the rider is big enough for a full size mod.

They will be ridden by British Champion Josh McParland and European Champion Adam Morewood.

Production versions should be available in the spring.

post-17342-0-88531600-1381607211_thumb.jpost-17342-0-63794000-1381607657_thumb.jpost-17342-0-08984200-1381607880_thumb.jpost-17342-0-94895700-1381607895_thumb.jpost-17342-0-60207600-1381607912_thumb.j

That's fairly Vague.

Who are Image, Where is the brand based and what sort of geo will the bikes be compared to other company's.

I find companies making bikes for younger age groups cool but its not going to be a very big market in my opinion unless its priced rightly.

Its abit of a weird one the frame Adam has.

Looks like the back end is a Sky / Breath 20" copy.. but the front end is an Onza copy.

Catalogue combination?

Nevertheless, more brands coming into the sport is a good sign. Adam will offer excellent promotion for the brand going forward.

Good luck with it all!

That's fairly Vague.

Who are Image, Where is the brand based and what sort of geo will the bikes be compared to other company's.

I find companies making bikes for younger age groups cool but its not going to be a very big market in my opinion unless its priced rightly.

I heard Onza where in a bit of a rough patch, I'm guessing this is the re-branded Onza incase things get worse and they go bust.

Glad to see they aren't just stopping altogether.

I heard Onza where in a bit of a rough patch, I'm guessing this is the re-branded Onza incase things get worse and they go bust.

Glad to see they aren't just stopping altogether.

I don't know where you heard this MIS- information. We sold the worldwide Onza brand a few months ago to one of the biggest and best financed bicycle distribution companies in the UK.

We continue to develop parts and bikes for all disciplines and in the Trials market, we are particularly keen to cater for the younger elements. It is an area which is badly catered for in general and it is from where the future of the sport will develop.

Social BMX - also owned by Moore Large - using the #GET SOCIAL hashtag, as well as the use of the Onza dropouts/Onza-y looking headtube and downtube gusset and an Onza team rider suggest certain things...

Seems weird that they use that out-dated bashplate design on one bike, then arguably one of the best bashplate designs on the other though. Either way, good luck to Adam for next year!

I think it's more to do with the people that previously ran and developed Onza, now don't have as much control over the brand and it's future so decided to go their own route?

I could be very wrong, but why else would they put their designs into another brand?

Basically from what I gather, Image is a new brand which will cater for younger riders.
It's pretty clear to see that Image are affiliated with Onza just by looking at the photo's above - The headtube is from the Genesis - Booster and gussets at the rear end which join the top tube and seat stays are from the limey 4 and the fact Adam is riding it are a dead give away.

Although i'm not sure how reliable the information about Onza going bust is, i'm pretty sure this company will be a back up in case worst comes to worst.

Looking good though.

Basically from what I gather, Image is a new brand which will cater for younger riders.

It's pretty clear to see that Image are affiliated with Onza just by looking at the photo's above - The headtube is from the Genesis - Booster and gussets at the rear end which join the top tube and seat stays are from the limey 4 and the fact Adam is riding it are a dead give away.

Although i'm not sure how reliable the information about Onza going bust is, i'm pretty sure this company will be a back up in case worst comes to worst.

Looking good though.

Or they've taken the good parts of other bikes and meged them together?

Theres only so many different styles you can do before everything looks the same

As I stated earlier, I have now sold the Onza brand to Moore Large & Co. who have been our UK distributor for the past six years. The brand is in extremely good health and is in good hands. The buyers are one of the best financed and managed bicycle distributors in the UK and will go from strength to strength.

At the same time I still retained the Tensile, Araya, Conspiracy and Unofix brands which I still operate along with Rock'n'Roll Bikes. I would not dream of going into direct competition with the bicycles which Onza sell. Image is NOT yet a brand, merely a project. We looked at the youth trials market and thought it was badly catered for and was too niche for Onza to get involved. I still retain the services of frame makers in Taiwan and we use parts that have already been developed by ourselves. Image is very much experimental and if we achieve some success then it could grow into a micro brand but as yet there is no commitment.

• Like 1

Which makes the Sting and Mini Master what?...

The Mini Master was a concept which achieved production but never achieved large scale sales. I don't really anticipate that it will find a place in their next range.

The Sting is a short Rip. Do you consider the Rip a competition model or a beginners mass market model which competent riders inevitably move on from.

We know that the potential younger riders market is not big but we are interested in supporting it. We don't think that other manufacturers (those that are left) will be interested in it.

• Like 1

it is rubbish how the new owners of onza are no longer going to be making the top end bikes as this year I got an onza comp to second place in the British trials championship and was intending on getting the onza limey 4 20" or the onza genesis for the cadet class and now are stuck for ideas in which bike to get for next year.

• Like 1