Ebay lights

ogre

For £15 this light is awesome, did a great job this morning on mostly unlit roads and I used the dimmer setting most of the way.

This is how it looked in the pitch black shed last night

DSC_9953_zpsd7949310.jpg

What is that? Assume a Cree XML T6? With the nights drawing in I'm tempted to upgrade my current unit.

Had my first ride with them through the woods last night- very impressive! I had my Hope One on my helmet and the Cree on the bars and it made such a difference. Battery life is obviously slightly limited when run on full power (compared to the Hope that also uses 4 AA's) but still very impressive output.

• 1 month later...

Went out a blast on the MTB last night, just around town, "Urban DH" style. Seems to piss a lot of people off.

Anyway, it gave me a massive hard on for riding trails in the dark with a light - something ive never done. Must do it soon!

It's good fun (sort of) once you get going. I'm heading for a solo night ride to GT after work tonight. I haven't done a full "in the valley" night ride solo yet so it'll be interesting. I'm borrowing the new Nukeproof hard tail to see what all the fuss is about. Night riding is certainly better in a group as you get a visual pointer ahead of you, or other peoples lights add to your own, so no matter how bright a light you buy, when it's the only light source for miles around it still seems fairly dark.

• Like 1

I've gotta admit, on last nights maiden voyage solo night ride it was abit daunting only being able to see 10-15ft ahead, only made me ride abit quicker thou to get out of the woods :lol:. Very very enjoyable thou, added a new aspect to riding!

Yeah it's certainly a unique experience and can make even the most familiar trails feel very different. It's strange when it's foggy or it's raining as when it catches the light it all whoops past like the star wars scene.

Do you mount your light on your helmet then? I only use the one light and always go for the lid. Wouldn't mind a little addition on the bars to see in to the holes a bit better.