Ebay lights

ogre

Makes sense. Having got back from my ride I reckon if you were to ride solo most of the time a second light would be a necessity. Speaking of which.... Minus 2 on the hill tonight but fireworks going off all over the valley so a pretty special night to be out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Killed it.

Bars and lid, for the price of the cree lights it's daft not too, kinda reassuring that if something packed up I had a second to rely on aswell.

This. I've got the wide angle one on my helmet, and the fixed beam jobbie pointing about 6ft in front of the bike. Ill get a photo next time I'm out

Yep I use one bars one Lid light. I find the lid only can bounce so much on rough terran that you get blackouts every now and again, with the addition of the more stable bar light those blackouts are filled in with the bar light, but cant ride without a helmet light as it allows you to see down drops, jupms and round corners.

When the fog gets really thick you can only run the bar mount as the high lid mount will render you blind

I need a front light for my fixie... Using a cheap one which is only designed to be spotted by cars, not to be seen. It's fairly tidy but not enough to see well in the dark.

I was looking at a cateye nano + http://www.cateye.com/intl/products/detail/HL-EL625RC/

Which supposedly gives you a very good view in the dark:

el625_haiko2014.jpg

You don't need a battery pack for it and it's a bit sleeker than the eBay one you guys are raving about.

I can see how the eBay one is good for MTB, because I may get one for my Lapierre. But for a my commuter/fixie, I think it'll be too bulky especially with all the wiring... Any ideas what may be good? The cateye is ideal but price tag is a fair hike.