road bike party Part 2

ogre

At first when I watched the video I wasn't super into it, but I think that's just because it was weird knowing that was the last time I'd see Martyn ride. I watched it again last night without that in my head and realised how good it really was. A ridiculous level of riding from everyone - it was good to see the different things they all brought to the vid.

I think I was pretty much the opposite. When I first watched it I watched it as 'just a riding video' and really enjoyed it (even if it was a little emotional). It was only a little while later and after a couple of watches that it really sank in that it was the last riding video we'd ever see of Martyn and it took on a much more poignant, significant feel. I watched it with Steph last night and nearly had a little cry about it. It's such a weird feeling, knowing that someone who had such a huge impact on my life just by doing what he did on a bike can no longer do that.

That Privateer article was a really cool read. It's really humbling to see how well he's dealing with his situation - still such an inspiration!

• Like 1

Just fyi - its Blake Samson playing tennis, and hawzee isn't in the clips with danny at all.... keep trying :)

The video is just awesome. The best part about it for me is the sense of an old school type of riding where you get on a bike, and you go explore and try to ride it over some rad stuff. It doesn't matter that its a road bike - its just a bike, but the riding is pretty inspirational.

This video is wierdly emotional for a bike video :P Seeing Martyn ride was both awe inspiring and depressing. If he only recovers to a fraction of his full potential at least he can get out on a bike again, even if he isn't doing massive drop gaps to rails :)

It's like Eddie Kidd all over again :(

Such a good video. I must have watched it over 5 times since yestarday.

Just an idea, but can we get together as a community and do something nice for Martyn to show that we care and appreciate what he has done for us / trials? Just something to help keep his spirits high on the road to recovery. What though, I don't know... Just thought it would be nice if we could do something, you know.

Gonna sort out a card from everyone on here to show our support so if there's anything anyone else fancies chucking in let me know!

I'm game, better make that one big card haha.

How you gonna go about getting a signature from everyone?

How about a ecard sort of thing. We could make like a giant collage of riding photos with personal messages on from each of us. We could set a picture size, make our own pictures, then get someone with the abilities to make something of them all. I think that would be cool.