Rear sprocket problem

Trials-Mikey

I had the same problem a while ago, I used a blowtorch and then popped it in the vice while still hot and it came off without putting too much of a fight. The threads on the hub are okay too. If a blowtorch isn't available a grinder should be okay.

Edit: When trying to get it off initially I couldn't get it off with me, my fairly beefy dad and our rather large, manly mechanic friend. We snapped a tooth on the sprocket, snapped two chains and bent a sprocket removal tool before we took the blowtorch to it.

Edited by onzatpro09

It's a eho tr sprocket on a trialtech sport hub. Can't get a blowtorch any other way I can do it by applying heat.

Is your oven big enough to fit the wheel in? :P

I guess grinding is your only option, although it's a messy one so you need to be extra careful not to go too deep and muck up the hub threads, which might be difficult in a cloud of sparks :P

Shout at it really loudly adding in a lot of abusive swear words, scratch you're head a little, and by this point you'll be so wound up, your adrenaline will kick in and the little bugger will come off with some brute force!

This is a tried and tested method ^

"this is why we can't have nice things"

(inside joke)