Tips For Setting Up 4 Bolts

Wright Pads

I duno htink it's as I have the flu and stuff but im not wining with setting ym 4's up perfect on my Crescent. Im using a cd to space them but soon as tighten the bolts it drops out even thought im pusing the slave aganst it! Also as I do therm up and im doing them up evenlythe back of the pad move well away form the rim!!!

Any one got any tips and stuff a si wana set them dead on the rimm withthe ether 2mm or what ever a cd is. I know it's really down to me being tired and ill but you help with help others also.

pete

Tarty - make an effort please Pete!

Really ewasy way here...:

just put a 1 or 2 p coin hard against the rim, and set your brake up so it can hold the coin against the rim without you touching it/pulling the brake lever.......basically just set up it so the pad is hard against the coin, which in turn is hard against the rim..

then take the coins away, make sure the bolts are nice and tight, and your brake will feel PERFECT!

It's easier to do one side at a time.........

way I find easiest is push one side against the rim hard, tighten it down a fair bit, then push the other side up against it but only tighten it a lil bit, squeeze the lever really slowly until the cylinder gets pushed back in the mount a bit, let got of the lever, tighten bolts down, repeat for the other side.

works a treat for me :-

Really ewasy way here...:

just put a 1 or 2 p coin hard against the rim, and set your brake up so it can hold the coin against the rim without you touching it/pulling the brake lever.......basically just set up it so the pad is hard against the coin, which in turn is hard against the rim..

then take the coins away, make sure the bolts are nice and tight, and your brake will feel PERFECT!

It's easier to do one side at a time.........

That's exactly what he is having trouble doing with a cd!!

If the piston is moving in the mount when you tighten it it is because it isn't straight, or it's being over reached. If you look at the piston it's self there is only a smallish area that is flat enough to clamp the shims to.

I'm guessing you are having problems because of using a wide frame, but narrowish rim (521?)

That's exactly what he is having trouble doing with a cd!!

If the piston is moving in the mount when you tighten it it is because it isn't straight, or it's being over reached. If you look at the piston it's self there is only a smallish area that is flat enough to clamp the shims to.

I'm guessing you are having problems because of using a wide frame, but narrowish rim (521?)

well he's a titty then, it works for me fine...........don't come near me, I have exams at 7:45 in the morning for the new few day's, im rather grumpy so watch out, I might eat you..... :-

I got the lfu not heating at home a sit's borkjen and my bike need sadjsting on the brake. + I got all the bakc order that the we small kids of the forum and around put in my system when iclose bac lats yera!!! Morroans the lot of them for it...but I like seeing them sweat for there money aha aha

Tarty: Pete - PLEASE make an effort!!

Op's yeah sorry thought it be answered fast in TC. Ermm I got tired so I found a big spring loaded clamp in my mate work and put that across the salves with one bit of a cd running along the pads. Clamped it up tight and checked the pad so there square and flat aganst the rim. Done the bolt up and job done...bets way I say. Of corse put a bit of rag on the salve so they dont get damiged