Danny Butler's Crewkerz Cleep

Stan Shaw

For 'proper' natural Danny said he much preferred his front rim brake bike, but he did do some pretty rad stuff on his front disc brake bike too. Considering it's got an ickle babby 160mm rotor on the front it's surprisingly powerful (ain't no Saint, obviously).

I think theres an advantage and disadvantage running a front rim brake. A rim brake is inherantly powerful but you'll get lazy with regards to technique. With a disc you'll find that big stuff your technique needs to be bloody perfect and so does your front wheel placement with regards to trying to catch more corner/edge of obstacle.

My 2 cents (I await my first "you are wrong" lol)

• Like 1

I think theres an advantage and disadvantage running a front rim brake. A rim brake is inherantly powerful but you'll get lazy with regards to technique. With a disc you'll find that big stuff your technique needs to be bloody perfect and so does your front wheel placement with regards to trying to catch more corner/edge of obstacle.

My 2 cents (I await my first "you are wrong" lol)

Nope, I'd have to agree completely with that.

And to add... The style many people adopt from running front disc is so easy on the eyes (stan shaw).

You definitely can't complain about the performance of some of the discs on the market nowadays. That said, you can't really complain with the performance of a rim brake either.

• Like 1

magura is far more superior, I don't get how any body can argue differently. after many disk sets ups I have never used or seen one that is as good as a magura. obviously each have there own benefits, however I found that magura has the more advantages.

magura is far more superior, I don't get how any body can argue differently. after many disk sets ups I have never used or seen one that is as good as a magura. obviously each have there own benefits, however I found that magura has the more advantages.

Because everyone is different, rides different terrain in a different way and want different things out of a brake.

Thats why not everyone rides the same bike.

• Like 1

You can say this but on almost every ride when it's rainy, I'm the one sitting there crying while the disc users are still riding like nothing has happened.

You can say this but on almost every ride when it's rainy, I'm the one sitting there crying while the disc users are still riding like nothing has happened.

Ain't that 'cause you use slick tyres, smooth rims and tar? :P

aha grind your rims then..

Don't know if I'm lucky, but the performance on my rear mag doesn't really seem to suffer at all in the wet.

Bite drops a tiny amount but the hold is still there, still sounds well too.

Front Vee still works a treat too.

nope my magura is still good in the wet, the only thing discs have over maguras is - there good for muddy conditions ... - good for modulation

• Like 1

I can't do with the noise from a magura. Nice quiet discs for me all day!

High on the list of priorities when building a bike "how annoying do the brakes sound ? "

Haha

to be honest I think alot of people want a really loud brake, personally I wish you could get a silent magura