Fancying a full Susser..

Tom Booth

Orange five 27.5" tank. :P

My mates really enjoying his nukeproof meta, another mates just bought a fairly well specced 27.5 trance that IMO rides like shite. I'd defiantly get to some demo days dude and get trying some stuff out.

I can't praise my orange enough to be honest, over the past month I've really pushed myself and my riding (lost about 9lb in that time too!) and the five just keeps suprising me.

• 3 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts on these http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Gravity/TuEs-raw-20141

I know they are 26" and they are old news but that doesn't bother me. I think it looks amazing and excellent spec for the money, works out about £1800. If you can get one.

Any other options for same money. I prefer the look of dual crown front forks.

Thanks

What are people's thoughts on these http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Gravity/TuEs-raw-20141

I know they are 26" and they are old news but that doesn't bother me. I think it looks amazing and excellent spec for the money, works out about £1800. If you can get one.

Any other options for same money. I prefer the look of dual crown front forks.

Thanks

They are meant to be extremely good for the money they cost. The Enduro one they make gets a great writeup, I got a recent Dirt mtb magazine and they loved it :D If it were me, I'd get that one instead of the DH one : http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Trail/Capra-CF-Pro

If you're looking for a DH bike though, you cant go wrong with the new Canyons

• 3 weeks later...

My old FSR XC frame is only a medium and a bit too small for me so I've stuck it on ebay as I was going to just get a similar year in a large but I've just been offered this frame for £200. Comes with the headset, a brand new set of bearings and a spare shock mounting hardware(?). Worth the swap, I've heard the Heckler frames are a bit undersized as this is a Large.

post-24247-0-60571700-1404153069_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Been offered a 2008 Orange Five frame for reasonable money, but in two minds as to whether to get involved as the later frame with a wider seattube for a dropper would be somewhat more convenient. Seems silly to pass up the frame based one something that small, but realistically I think I'd probably be better off holding out for a bargain on a later model. The impatient b*****d in me disagrees though... :P

Been offered a 2008 Orange Five frame for reasonable money, but in two minds as to whether to get involved as the later frame with a wider seattube for a dropper would be somewhat more convenient. Seems silly to pass up the frame based one something that small, but realistically I think I'd probably be better off holding out for a bargain on a later model. The impatient b*****d in me disagrees though... :P

If it's 27.2 just get a Thomson dropper post, look pretty damn good and not much more than a Reverb. How much is good money?

• 5 weeks later...

Winter mode - ENGAGE!

IMAG0893_zps19943c20.jpg

Dropped the shocks 5psi, fitted the WTB Vigilantes, cree t3 lights and the mucky nutz gaurd.

Ran the WTBs at schwalbe pressure and they slid everywhere! Dropped about 8 psi in those and they are fantastic. They drop mud instantly and grip like mad. My only reservation is they drag like Paul o'Grady.

Winter mode - ENGAGE!

IMAG0893_zps19943c20.jpg

Dropped the shocks 5psi, fitted the WTB Vigilantes, cree t3 lights and the mucky nutz gaurd.

Ran the WTBs at schwalbe pressure and they slid everywhere! Dropped about 8 psi in those and they are fantastic. They drop mud instantly and grip like mad. My only reservation is they drag like Paul o'Grady.

Oofttt, looking nice. I love me my Vigilantes, as you well know however I don't find them draggy. However...lots of people I know who run them have commented on it, so may I introduce you to WTB's answer to this issue…the WTB Trail Boss (or Vigilante Lite) if you will: http://www.wtb.com/products/trailboss

I was thinking about one but a trip up to Innerleithen yesterday and the DH trails were soooo muddy and wet I think i'll stick with the Vigilantes until spring and then whap a TrailBoss on the back.

P.S. Have you 'tubeless' your Vigilantes? if so, what sort of pressures are you running them at?

P.P.S. The Spicy was riding so sweet yesterday, I love that bike. Got a nice new stem to put on her this morning to get rid of that unsightly Nukeproof one.

post-7501-0-81324200-1415705036_thumb.jp

Nah I'm still on tubes, occasionally I ride 20 or so miles to my sisters house and whack the tyres upto 50-60 psi so the 40psi tubeless limit wernt ideal for me. They're fantastic tyres from the few rides I've had but I think I'll have to do abit more playing with pressures before I'm fully confident in them. Front wheel nearly washed out on wet grass Saturday!

Nah I'm still on tubes, occasionally I ride 20 or so miles to my sisters house and whack the tyres upto 50-60 psi so the 40psi tubeless limit wernt ideal for me. They're fantastic tyres from the few rides I've had but I think I'll have to do abit more playing with pressures before I'm fully confident in them. Front wheel nearly washed out on wet grass Saturday!

Ah man you gotta ditch those tubes! Makes all the difference and improves grip now end. I do find they work a lot better at lower pressures (no surprises there though I suppose). It's not too much of an issue blowing the Vigilantes above 40PSI, whenever I set mine up tubeless I pump them to 50/60 and leave them for a day or two to properly seat so it should be fine. If they can take that pressure with a tube in them, a lack of tube shouldn't really make any difference. If you've got a good pump you should be good to go.