SCOTTISH 2014 DATES

kevind

Hi Team.

British dates up now so here are my thoughts for this year.

My calendar is pretty full with British, European and World dates with Aaron. Three weekends organising before the British/Scottish one. I know a few Scottish riders will be doing the British rounds this year which is great for the Scottish club.

I can run 5 dates this year that dont run into killing me or time wise.

So here goes:

Rnd 1 23rd March Kirkliston

Rnd 2 7/8th June joint British Scottish event venue TBD but date confirmed.

Rnd 3 29th June Killin provisional

Rnd 4 27th July Aviemore confirmed.

Rnd 5 7th September. Kelso or Bob Macgregor

I have venues listed below

Kirkliston I have been working on new sections and talking with the rain gods.

Bob Macgregor

Kinlochleven good one for those that like a beer!

Cockenzie rocks. (some new routes looked at)

Killin. (need dry weather to run)

New venue near Kelso that is used for bike trials in a quarry. I havnt been down to look, but as far as I have been told we are welcome and the owner has machines onsite to build sections as we require.

So there you go guys, please feel free to comment on where you would like the dates to be apart from the two fixed ones.

DEADLINE IS 9TH FEBRUARY OR I WILL DECIDE!!!

My preferance would be:

Rnd1 Kirkliston

Rnd2 Fixed British

Rnd 3 Kinlochleven

Rnd 4 fixed Aviemore

Rnd 5 Kelso or Bob Macgregor

Edited by kevind

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Good to see nobody has any preferances. Visiting new Borders quarry this weekend. Scottish/British venue still TBD. First date will be 23rd March (30th Mothers day so its a no go at Kirkliston) Will update next week.

Edited by kevind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After last years monsoon, we had sun all day and no wind. (except two hail showers that lasted 30 seconds each!) Thanks to all the obsevers and section setters and clearers. Hope the riders that came along had a good days riding. Results will be posted up on the BTFs website soon, but well done to the three class winers Calum Grant in Novice, Cal Herd in Inter and Aaron Duke in Expert. Special mention out to the badlly dressed twins!! Numbers seem to be decreasing as we only had eleven and three visiting English riders!!!!! Dont know an answer to that one? the cut of point is 12 riders. Next round is on the Saturday only of the British championship at Fort William. Entries through the BTF as usual and just tick the box for Scottish Bike trial member. Only riders that have joined the club are eligable for Scottish champ points.