TV, What's the best thing you've seen...

Tom Booth

could be real. Check. Not a massive budget. Check. Troubled guy trying to earn money. Check.

So could Emmerdale, heartbeat, coronation street...the only problem is it's utter tripe. All the possible story lines have been exhausted and recycled hundreds of times.

There is no clever writing, just bullshit.

Watched all of breaking bad in a week, really enjoyed it. Started The Walking Dead last weekend and got hooked so now i'm halfway through season 4.

Nobody watched Vikings on Lovefilm/Amazon? Serious quality and apparently quite accurate hence the fact it's shown on The History Channel in America!

Started this a few weeks ago and gonna watch the latest episode tonight, it's brilliant; really enjoy it. Brutal fight scenes, well written and acted, some funny bits and really quite interesting (historically wise). Just not sure how long they can keep it going with a varied and interesting storyline.

• Like 1

So because I disagree you think you can give me shit? I'm involved in the conversation, you're the one trolling.

Give an example why you don't like it other than it's 'padded out', of course there are some unrealistic aspects to it, but it's a drama. Would you prefer to see Walter do a 9 hour shift at the washing place to make it more realistic. What programmes do you like?

Haha I used to love Heartbeat when I was a kid. I think mainly just because my mum would let me stay up late on a Sunday to watch it - probably more that I enjoyed than the programme itself.

:D yep! What came on after it? If I recall it was either 999 with Michael Burke or Londons Burning?

http://youtu.be/QA4fXdxPelE

• Like 1

No, because you're acting like a troll I think I can give you shit.

Yet another of the TF keyboard warriors pipes up. In what way am I acting like a troll? I stated I didn't like something. I stated why. I talked about tv shows in a thread about tv shows. You contributed by trying to abuse me, which had no relevance yo the topic, then ironically called me a troll.
  • Like 1

Give an example why you don't like it other than it's 'padded out', of course there are some unrealistic aspects to it, but it's a drama. Would you prefer to see Walter do a 9 hour shift at the washing place to make it more realistic. What programmes do you like?

:D yep! What came on after it? If I recall it was either 999 with Michael Burke or Londons Burning?

http://youtu.be/QA4fXdxPelE

I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones. I like the sub plots and multiple characters. Compared to Breaking Bad they seem to fill the time a lot more if that makes sense. Every episode has me wanting more. Breaking Bad on the other hand seems like its just killing time until the final episode of each series, then they throw in the cliff hanger at the end to get people to watch the next series. I like a lot of nature documentaries though normally.

Completely agree with dngertoself here.

It's padded out to f**k, currently coming to the end of the second season. Don't get me wrong, i'm loving it. But some of the parts are just like, not needed or really unbearabbbbbllllyyyy sloooowwwwww! And i'm not the one for action scenes all the time, far from it.

I think that's why I stopped watching it for the first time and came back to it. He's not trolling at all :S just has an opinion.

Completely agree with dngertoself here.

It's padded out to f**k, currently coming to the end of the second season. Don't get me wrong, i'm loving it. But some of the parts are just like, not needed or really unbearabbbbbllllyyyy sloooowwwwww! And i'm not the one for action scenes all the time, far from it.

I think that's why I stopped watching it for the first time and came back to it. He's not trolling at all :S just has an opinion.

I kinda agree, overall i really enjoyed it, but some bits did seem to drag...

I'm with the crowd that didn't really gel with Breaking Bad. I can only assume a lot of tension and drama was 'artificially' forced in end of season cliffhangers, because I started watching on Netflix and rarely found myself needing to watch more of it. The only two emotions it really brought out was my desire for Skylar to be run over horribly slowly by an articulated truck, followed by Walt having his balls shot off so he could stop being such an unredeemable fanny. I found the best stretch of the programme were the bits

that heavily involved Mike and Gus.

On the other hand, the fact I was watching Dexter alongside it might have something to do with my opinion, I found that much more enjoyable and far more addictive. The season layouts started to get a bit repetitive (I'll be honest, there's not a lot for a serial killer programme to do) but it had me hooked until the end!

The unrideables. Documentary about 500GP racing from the late 80's/early 90's. Anyone who remotely likes bike racing should make a massive effort to watch this, you won't be dissapointed

I'll have to get a reminder from my dad, but apparently one of those guys often played with me when I was a little 'un and kept trying to give me beer. The lot of them are nutjobs though.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

But why would you choose to watch 13(ish?) more hours of 'padded out shite'?

Anyway, enough of that. Haven't seen Game of Thrones at all but the BBC Twenty Twelve and more recent W1A series' make me smile. I know they're not exactly clever but it does amuse me.

With so many people saying about Breaking Bad I expected them to get better.