Abel Mustieles not sponsored by Ozonys anymore

stirlingpowers

Bit of a surprise to see him leaving them, especially after having such a short relationship with Monty, you would have thought a more stable manufacturer would be ideal. Looks like his hand has been forced a little with other sponsors pulling out, will be nice to see what he comes out with.

Who was it that was making the hand made FG and CF 20" frames?

In what way is he trying to screw him over? Guess you're reffering to Bruno screwing Abel in some way?

Bruno taken away the ozonys dealership from amg bikes abels shop.

He's also trying to make out that he was the one to end the contract as to say he sacked abel.

But abel left. Bruno was desperate to keep him.

I don't think this is for every body to speculate what happened of course there are two sides to every story,

We will all just have to wait for Abels comments and future plans on the matter.

Edited by dave33

I can kind of see why Bruno would be annoyed if he'd signed him on a long term contract like that which he then broke out of only a year in. Ozonys used to have what seemed to be a good relationship with Trial-Bikes before (Trial-Bikes even did their European distribution for a while), so breaking that off to go with Abel must have been a big deal for Bruno. I can see how he might get a bit uppity about it with Abel then leaving Ozonys.

The way everything like this is done with one-sided "press releases" in the trials world is pretty weird now though...

Aye I can understand Bruno being a little ticked off in that respect, he's just had a new rider win the worlds and then he leaves.

Abel does seem to be throwing himself in at the deep end though launching a new brand. Be interested to see what comes out of this. Typical Benito has signed for Play and then a spot for a top 20" rider appears with Ozonys, think they would have been suited.

Probably a better financial bet for Benito on Play - I was under the impression that Play was owned by Trial-Bikes anyway, so it's a Spanish shop/company backing him, plus if they can draw on the resources for the shop then he's got a pretty good support system in place anyway. With Ozonys it's sharing their resources with a bunch of other team riders too so I suppose it'd be less focussed on him? Who knows...

I'd imagine it'd also look like a downgrade of rider too, in so much as Abel seems to be taking over from Benito's stage of domination, so losing 'the best' 20" rider and replacing him with 'the 2nd best' 20" rider wouldn't be a great look.

Benito, Ugly style? Really? Coming from the master of ugly style ;)

His style is old school now. More like BIU. UCI is the future of trials with riders like Jack Carthy dominating the UK and international competion scene.

Nice styles are more easily marketable :P If you have two riders, both doing the same move, one with a nice style and one with a horrible style, riders are usually going to be more interested in watching the guy with a nice style, and consequently are going to be more likely to want to run the parts he runs.

• Like 1