bleed bolt 2014 hs33 (plastic shit)

t33zr

Ok, the fu**ing plastic bleedbolt on my magura hs33 just got broken. Brake was abit sloppy, so i decided to get a quick bleed but the plastic bolt was stuck as hell. the head went of but i managed to loose it with a screwdriver.
I am still able to get it in and out, so the brake is fine for now, but next bleed im afraid i have a problem.
I cant find this bolt in tartybikes brake spare range. I cant even find a picture of this bolt online.

What to do?

They're horrible, really bad choice to make it from plastic!

The T25 torx cammed out of mine and chewed up the head, managed to bodge a T27 in there and that seems to work, as long as you put ZERO torque onto it you should get away with it.

i never had a single problem with any of my 05 levers,no cracking nor leaking,actually i made mine leak recently by cutting the critical edge everyone kept telling me about off and polishing the lever body lol.

no idea how,theres no visible scratch or something.

that aside i am sure my new 05 lever will perform the same,best design imo.

a lot of people seem to love their 04,but theyre not for me,i just dont like the shape

i never had a single problem with any of my 05 levers,no cracking nor leaking,actually i made mine leak recently by cutting the critical edge everyone kept telling me about off and polishing the lever body lol.

no idea how,theres no visible scratch or something.

that aside i am sure my new 05 lever will perform the same,best design imo.

a lot of people seem to love their 04,but theyre not for me,i just dont like the shape

Thats your fault:P alloy shards will have went into piston and scratched bore.

JJ Leigh
if anyone's 2014 maggie lever blade snapped, go to www.maguraspares.com ,and email a request for a "2014 hs33 radial lever blade" and add either 2 finger or a 4 finger model. now we can finally get replacements! :D
There was this guy`s status update, it might worth a shot

Got answer from tartybikes:

So all i have to say: F.U. magura!

Although Magura have a tendency to f**k things up, in this instance it seems like it's just a case of Zyro (UK importers) being absolutely useless as usual. Getting them to stock Magura spares was an absolute nightmare when they first took over the importership, so it's not too surprising they don't want to carry something like that bolt too. They don't really seem to have a clue about anything to do with Magura brakes whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...