Monty M-5 Aluminium?

Perez

Interesting appears that the drive side "chainstay" and front end are one piece and the non-drive side is welded to it. Shame they still haven't done anything interesting with the dropouts, the flat plate they always use just looks cheap and doesn't really fit with the top end of the market they seem to want to compete in.

WIll they have a silly high price like most of their previous products.

WIll they have a silly high price like most of their previous products.

Bearing in mind they thought the previous 221 was worth over £500, in that this is a lot more 'tech' I can't really see it being particularly cheap.

Bearing in mind they thought the previous 221 was worth over £500, in that this is a lot more 'tech' I can't really see it being particularly cheap.

Yeah so as the carbon version sells for about 1500 quid for a frameset this will probably be about £900..

Giacomo looks different in that pic....I think he's waxed his mono-brow. On a serious note, I cant help but think its more a gimmick. I think unless its carbon it's just going to weigh the same or more than say a conventional tubed frame. If you do away with hydroforming and use butted tubing in someway shape or form you can save weight too. I might just be a complete dinosaur here but I'll eagerly await the official weigh so I can compare it to say a Rockman.

I'm not saying you shouldn't consider it at all - if it's what's important to you then fair enough - but I can't help but feel you guys concentrate on weight too much.

Wouldn't you rather have a frame the same weight as rivals that lasts long enough for you to choose to change from, rather than one that's tried to be too light and you HAVE to change because it cracked?

Speaking of which, I guess this should be pretty decent. There's only six welds on the bloody thing! :P

I like that it's unique and am most interested to see how they fare in terms of longevity, but I have to agree with the haters - that thing is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

• Like 1

Giacomo looks different in that pic....I think he's waxed his mono-brow. On a serious note, I cant help but think its more a gimmick. I think unless its carbon it's just going to weigh the same or more than say a conventional tubed frame. If you do away with hydroforming and use butted tubing in someway shape or form you can save weight too. I might just be a complete dinosaur here but I'll eagerly await the official weigh so I can compare it to say a Rockman.

Why would a hydroformed frame weigh more than a butted regular tube set? You do realise what hydroforming is right? It's not just for making fancy shapes..

I thouhht the same initially, but then I guess the strength/weight ratio comparison will be the decider.

Presactly, even if it ends up the same weight as frames on the market, it might be stronger and last longer (a whole season?!).

I'm not saying you shouldn't consider it at all - if it's what's important to you then fair enough - but I can't help but feel you guys concentrate on weight too much.

Wouldn't you rather have a frame the same weight as rivals that lasts long enough for you to choose to change from, rather than one that's tried to be too light and you HAVE to change because it cracked?

Speaking of which, I guess this should be pretty decent. There's only six welds on the bloody thing! :P

I like that it's unique and am most interested to see how they fare in terms of longevity, but I have to agree with the haters - that thing is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuglyg

Weight certainly isn't the most important factor in a frame that's for sure, but when it's a top end comp frame it's certainly a factor and it's easy to make comparisons. Think that's why it comes up so frequently, especially when frame geos are so similar and longevity of a frame is affected by so many different factors.

Hammer-and-Nail.gif

Shame the days of 2kg frames are no more.

I like that it's unique and am most interested to see how they fare in terms of longevity, but I have to agree with the haters - that thing is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

Boom! Nail on the head.