Side Hop Help ..

Jeromboii

Currently running only a rear maggy on my mod . I have just returned to trials after a year and a half. When I side hop I seem to be placing front wheel on the object stright away and then rear wheel follows. The rear wheel is like out of control and it dosnt look smooth nor dose it feel right . Anyone give me pointers on how to sort it ?

Currently running only a rear maggy on my mod . I have just returned to trials after a year and a half. When I side hop I seem to be placing front wheel on the object stright away and then rear wheel follows. The rear wheel is like out of control and it dosnt look smooth nor dose it feel right . Anyone give me pointers on how to sort it ?

i see ALOT of people doing this, i find its a really simple thing to fix, as you preload lean BACKWARDS not forwards, as in, imagine your torso when your on the ascent upwards, it want to be vertical, not in any way leaning forward over the front, and also the arms, they dont want to be going forwards with a slightly flared wrist, they want to be going upwards diagnoly, its just a matter of trying to land over the centre and not puching the front wheel into it, try watching TRA sidehop, he does it similar to myself.

• Like 1

Yeah there is technically but a few top rides do it the other way, French rider on inpulse I think does it? (can't spell his name, don't wana offend)

But my mate was doing it the 'wrong' way and told him to swap he's now getting 40" as opposed to around 35" the wrong way. It seems like you normally hit a peak doing it the wrong way

I think when you do it the right way if you don't make the sidehop you can land on your crank/bad foot a lot easier as opposed to just stacking it. Which makes it much less scary to do bigger walls/push your limits.

Also doing it the wrong way looks terrible in my opinion even when it's a huge wall. It's good to be able to do it both ways but I do think you should be a bit better to your good side. Also if you imagine you're doing a gap after you've done a sidehop to rear, if you do it to the wrong way then you're f**ked as you have to turn like 90 degrees to get into your gap position.

I used to do it the wrong was and was pretty shit at it, struggling to get 35ish and almost made a 40 once. Started doing it the proper way and was getting 42" in a few weeks so I'd deffo say try and sort it out.