How old is my bike?

peter_t

This is my first trials bike, think it is original exept for the brakes and cranks (didn't come with the bike). Probably not the best but it was dirt cheep:)

It feels very odd but i guess this is normal? Im used to riding mountain bikes.

IMG_0614_zps4fc3a16f.jpg

Im curious to know how old it is?

cheers dazza, where they not very popular? iv never seen another one.

Not sure how popular they were over all but my friend sold several as they had the 4 bolt magura option over the cheaper t-bird model and they were cheaper than the higher range t-master.

Yeah that is a well old t pro. Probably not the best rising thing by a long way but if you get to an alright level on that, like sidehops bigger than your wheels and gap around 5/6 foot then youll be mad on a decent bike. Just try avoid riding a nice bike or you'll realise how dated your geo is and hate your bike :P haha

Yeah that is a well old t pro. Probably not the best rising thing by a long way but if you get to an alright level on that, like sidehops bigger than your wheels and gap around 5/6 foot then youll be mad on a decent bike. Just try avoid riding a nice bike or you'll realise how dated your geo is and hate your bike :P haha

Is it just the hight of the top tube that makes it a bit rubbish or are there other reasons that make the geo dated?

I think it will serve me fine for a while, side hops and gaps are a long way off! Im still working on track stands and pivots at the moment. Is it strange that i find it easier to track stand on a mountain bike?

Is it just the hight of the top tube that makes it a bit rubbish or are there other reasons that make the geo dated?

I think it will serve me fine for a while, side hops and gaps are a long way off! Im still working on track stands and pivots at the moment. Is it strange that i find it easier to track stand on a mountain bike?

No mountain bikes are pretty stable so can be easier. Especially when you ride it most days.

The bottom bracket height will be very low which is what makes it so dated, I also assume the chainstays are pretty long and the wheelbase short. Just stick to it until the bike is actually holding you back.

See so many kids on here with there +80bb bikes doing 1ft pedal ups and it just makes you wonder