Ashton ET - WIP

Mikee

I have wanted one of these frames for a loooooong time now and so far i'm not disappointed.

Doesn't look to great at the moment as it is a work in progress. Haven't spent any money on it since buying it, just changed a few bits with some stuff I had lying around. New wheels and a respray will be done when I have some spare cash.

Also, I want to try and get some graphics made up for it. I am struggling to find a clear picture of the graphics they had. Does anyone have one of these with the original graphics still on? If so, would you be able the take some close ups for me?

Cheers.

post-19159-0-34371200-1397853798_thumb.j

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

How're you getting on with the respray and graphics? I'd love to see a properly 'restored' one of these.

Sadly I just haven't had the time to do anything too it yet. Hopefully I will at least get it painted black and get some new wheels for it very soon.

• 2 years later...

For me the forks ruin it, sorry for the anti old school mind of mine but if they followed the headtube more they'd look so tidy. Higher stem for sure to! No front brake needed it looks like a super fun bike. Paint looks really really good. Usually hate gloss black. 

That's a proper trophy bike.

Sorry about the stem bt w. I have been thinking and I think ill keep it as its pretty rare. Came off a full build Hex, doesn't have any branding or anything on it, so it'll be good to keep by if I ever want it.

I think it needs a front brake. Get a wee 180 disc on it. It'll need a higher front end for sure.

• Like 1

I actually kinda agree with Luke. I think maybe a set of Inspired forks on it might look a bit better with less rake? The Fattys are 50mm? @LEON will be able to tell us if you don't know. What I do appreciate though is, that the Fatty yellow is nearly matching the Maxxis yellow. (Y) 

How does the rear brake perform? Feeling a bit dull or does it bite/hold ok?