Ashton ET - WIP

Mikee

@Ross McArthur I haven't had the time to ride it properly yet, but the back brake seemed ok when i was just pissing about outside. I will give it a proper ride at the weekend.

Fork coments taking on board after I had a bit of a cry. I have my inspired forks still, so I can have a bit of a play.

@Pete.M  I have 2 sets myself. Cheer anyway.

Fattys can be weird, I had one set that were pretty straight, probably 30ish mm rake, then all the others had a huge 45ish mm, I think I got lucky/had a bent set. I think some Fourplay forks would make it ride much better though, fattys are really short at 395mm, but I don't know what fork the ET was made with, if it's normal Pashley forks then they were 395mm too.

4 hours ago, LEON said:

Fattys can be weird, I had one set that were pretty straight, probably 30ish mm rake, then all the others had a huge 45ish mm, I think I got lucky/had a bent set. I think some Fourplay forks would make it ride much better though, fattys are really short at 395mm, but I don't know what fork the ET was made with, if it's normal Pashley forks then they were 395mm too.

The ET was designed to run with the original Ashton forks, which had brake mounts for 24" and 26" wheels. These were fairly similar to Fattys but I think Fattys are possibly a little bit shorter. I always remember mine have very little clearance between the bottom of the steerer and the tyre. I have two still somewhere but never measured the rake on them or compared them to the Ashton forks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Changed some bits. Got some arcade bars and a new stem for it. Took the inspired forks off of it for my cannondale and put some ashton forks on it instead for now. Also put my king headset on and decided to take the back brake off.

She will do for a winter play bike. Have been riding rocks all year though. So my spins, manuals and bunnyhops are a bit rusty.

20-10-2016_1 copy.JPG

EDIT: I will probably whack some lacquer on the forks this weekend. 

Edited by Mikee
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...