Mod tyre pressure

benv

and not sure if to hard or to soft ?

We all have this time in our lives.

you don't want to be smashing your rim. just giving it a good nudge or having a little room to play with is always good.

then again its all down to personal preference on how hard you like it.

i dont even understand how people manage to smash rims to be honest :S

Gaps to 90° are a good way to do it, especially when running low pressures. Or landing a gap right on a corner (generally when riding street) :P

Edited by onzatpro09

i dont even understand how people manage to smash rims to be honest :S

Big gaps

Hi, what tyre pressure do people find best on mods ? I'm nearly 13 stone and not sure if to hard or to soft ? Thanks

I like a fairly hard mod tyre because they're so big on the rear, harder preload and they send you flying.

But again depends where you ride, a little bit harder than you think you need is good for safety reasons on the front of getting pinch flats.

I usually run fairly low pressures compared to most people, but most of the stuff I do is static so I like to get the most bounce I can. Most things it doesnt quite hit the rim but it's not the end of the world if it does. Usually best way to find your pressure is to set it high and just let it down as your ride progresses.

A bit of rimming isn't a bad thing though :P

Personally I rode spongy on the rear, and really flat on the front.

I did not do any big moves, and the springy, spongy rear tyre was comfortable, whereas when I arrived to the grass, the low pressure narrow front tyre gripped