Tire choice

Duncy H

Yello folks,

Does anybody have any reccomendations for tires. It's for a commencal meta. Which spends most of its time pointing downhill. I'm doing a mini dh race on it and a trip to fort william.

Currently got a front minion super tacky and rear maxxpro minion both 2.35" and single ply.

I do like maxxis, so was thinking dual ply high roller supertackys, 2.5 front, 2.35 rear.

That a good idea or is there anything else worth looking at?

Cheers

Not that I can recommend any of these as I don't ride DH, but I know a fair few people who do. Der kaisers, Michelin wild gripper R, intense FRO, Schawlbe muddy Mary's, dirty dans, loads of options

Edited by bing

Are these tyres you've ran on big bikes and able to reccomend? Or are you just going with what first comes to mind?

No mate. I'm going on what I've seen people using, from watching the DH races on the internet, to riding at hamsterly forest last year and Going on what mates use who ride big downhill bikes. A mate had a nukeproof scalp with muddy Mary's on, one lad had a norco team 2008 (I think its that) with intense FRO's on, then later changed to wild gripper r's. Quite a few people seem to use maxxis tyres though, and depending on the rubber/ply combo, they can be had for peanuts. Edited by bing