Continental Danny MacAskill Air King Tyre

Sam Nichols

What should make them worth buying one for more than two Holy Rollers cost? (about £24 in germany) Are they sooooo much better or more durable? I found Holy Rollers already are amazingly grippy for street riding.. and they're lighter too.

What should make them worth buying one for more than two Holy Rollers cost? (about £24 in germany) Are they sooooo much better or more durable? I found Holy Rollers already are amazingly grippy for street riding.. and they're lighter too.

They are grippier but still roll pretty nicely. They're also heavier 'cos the sidewalls are a little thicker than Holy Rollers, meaning they're a little more pinch resistant. Also, much like the Der Kaiser/Rain King/Der Baron/whateverthey'vedecidedtocallitnow, that compound is relatively soft compared to the MaxxPro compound, but still lasts a long time.

It's pretty much exactly the same story as people asking whether Der Kaisers are worth the extra money over the Hi Rollers and tyres like that. They're more expensive because they're a better tyre, but if you like your current tyre and don't want to shell out that much on a new pair of tyres there's no definite need for you to do so.

Oh come on dude.. dont get me wrong, i like your salesmanship.. but there's a famous name on them, Its just branding. There's noo fecking way they're twice as good or cost twice the amount to produce. While agreed they may be better, take the name off and see how many sales you get

are these in proper mass production now? i'd pressume the justification is they're just as high tech as the kaisers and the like but with the much smaller and less destructive market than mtb and dh...