British Trials Cup 2014 - Round 3, Fort William, 7th & 8th June

We had a really good weekend in Blackpool last week, great venue, great event and great riding. Well done and thanks to everyone who came along. Check out our website for results and a video from the event by series sponsors Trials King: www.biketrialuk.co.uk
Round 2 is now approaching and will take place on 7th and 8th June in Fort William. This will be a two day event, although you can just enter one day if you need to. Check out the entry form, below, for details on this and about free entry passes for riders and minders. As usual, online entry is available from the events page of our website.
Don't miss the deadline on this one, late entries to the trial are possible, but you won't be able to get the free entry passes if you enter late.
Hope to see you all there!
BikeTrialsUK-Fort-William.jpg

BC-2014-R3-FortWilliam.pdf

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

Going up next weekend with a thirty ton 360 with grab to move everything around in the arena. New huge rocks prommissed from the quarry and hopefully a completly new section as well. Some new novelty bits for behind the grandstand. River I will try my best to mark out something newish!!!!

• Like 1

Going up next weekend with a thirty ton 360 with grab to move everything around in the arena. New huge rocks prommissed from the quarry and hopefully a completly new section as well. Some new novelty bits for behind the grandstand. River I will try my best to mark out something newish!!!!

And hard!

• Like 1

17/18th May. Might be up Friday 16th afternoon as I think the machine is coming Saturday (to be confirmed) and I need to be there all day. If weather alright will camp over till Sunday. Ross (the puppy sitter) McArthur might be up as well.

Machine arrived 7am Saturday. With rain and or the wee beasties we soldiered on! Lewis, Aaron and I with the help of not one but two machines. (thanks to the guys in the quarry for 10 new car size boulders and help with moving the old ones that Derek from VG Forestry machine struggled to pick up.) spent the day building sections. One completely new section and the two redesigned in the arena. Grandstand one built couple of days before the event, but will be newish. Thanks to Lewis for the chainsaw sculpting. Aaron has pics up on his face book page. If someone has the time, they could post them up here?

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a funny one.

The rocks round the edges of the river bed which lay under the trees usually have algae, moss or other shite off the trees which make them deadly. If its a raging torrent because its been raining constantly, then the river will be up and a lot of the rocks will be covered.

But sometimes, its actually gripier to ride the rocks when they are super wet as it washes the algae off.

As you know, you'll have to be super precise as there are no flat edges to hook your wheel over. An inch to the left or right of the sweet spot on the top of one of those rounded boulders and WEEEEEE!!!! 5.

The rocks in the car park are much better in the wet than the river bed. Let’s just hope the logs will be chicken wired or carpeted.

As for me, I don’t have my entry in, so....

Leaving now to carpet,chicken wire, tape, hammer, dig, lift, move, screw and if time maybe a beer. Cant wait. yup looking forward to the lighting storms. Glad I am not ontop of a mountain under a metal framed tented with somebody going five, four, three, two zap.