Inspired Arcade forks available separately

Sponge

Does anyone else want a set for their 24" or 26"? They look really good and fill a hole in the trials forks market seeing as they're steel, well-made, and offer Pro 2 front hub users the chance to do away with QR skewers!

That bolting design it uses looks ideal, so I'd happily get a set of these forks if they were available separately. If there's demand from enough riders, would it be something Inspired could be open to offering as a standalone product? If it did come on the market, would you get one for your streety 24/26?

large_arcadeforkaxle02.jpg

Edited by Sponge

Question - how much would people realistically expect to pay for 1) Arcade forks and 2) Skye forks?

I have a feeling the RRP would be very different to people's expectations... They are very expensive to produce, which is one of the reasons they are only sold as a kit or bike, to help 'merge' the cost with the other components and make it worth Inspired's time to sell them.

If people feel strongly about it and would be prepared to pay nearly £300 for some alloy forks then get in touch with Inspired and they might make them available separately, you never know.

Converting a front Pro 2 to bolts is a far cheaper solution, all you need is to get a 15mm axle made and tapped to take standard Pro 2 wheel bolts then either drill out the quick release end caps or buy a pair of 15mm ones. I got one made on the advice of Mr Read and it's absolutely perfect and holds the wheel solid!

Question - how much would people realistically expect to pay for 1) Arcade forks and 2) Skye forks?

I have a feeling the RRP would be very different to people's expectations... They are very expensive to produce, which is one of the reasons they are only sold as a kit or bike, to help 'merge' the cost with the other components and make it worth Inspired's time to sell them.

If people feel strongly about it and would be prepared to pay nearly £300 for some alloy forks then get in touch with Inspired and they might make them available separately, you never know.

Just out of interest - is the construction of the Skyes much different to the normal inspireds above the dropouts?

I assumed the only way they would ever become available was if bolt through became standard on everything.

And as for the arcades the only other bike I can think of them being good on would be a Marino ? And if you've bought a Marino you probably wouldn't splash that much cash on a fork...

Just out of interest - is the construction of the Skyes much different to the normal inspireds above the dropouts?

I assumed the only way they would ever become available was if bolt through became standard on everything.

And as for the arcades the only other bike I can think of them being good on would be a Marino ? And if you've bought a Marino you probably wouldn't splash that much cash on a fork...

Well the new Skye forks have a tapered head tube.

I dont see a problem in anyone running a set of Arcade forks on a fourplay?

one thing i thought about was making Skye forks available separately in the original orange as well as black and other colors ect. people might want through axles on the front and/or like the idea of the skye axles. besides if you have a skye, you cant get the forks separately anyway which is hard to comprehend why a bike that revised doesn't have separate replacements :S

EDIT: mk1 + 2

Edited by JJ Leigh
  • Like 1

maybe £170 ish, considering you'd need the axle too. depends, i'd pay over £200 if i had to

Edited by JJ Leigh

one thing i thought about was making Skye forks available separately in the original orange as well as black and other colors ect. people might want through axles on the front and/or like the idea of the skye axles. besides if you have a skye, you cant get the forks separately anyway which is hard to comprehend why a bike that revised doesn't have separate replacements :S

If you needed some I'm sure you could just get in touch with the retailer who could in turn get in touch with Inspired and see if they have any. From what I understand they usually keep some spares of parts for bikes like that that aren't available aftermarket.

Well the new Skye forks have a tapered head tube.

I dont see a problem in anyone running a set of Arcade forks on a fourplay?

Ah forgot that.

Meh I just think it would be weird. They are so skinny.

Converting a front Pro 2 to bolts is a far cheaper solution, all you need is to get a 15mm axle made and tapped to take standard Pro 2 wheel bolts then either drill out the quick release end caps or buy a pair of 15mm ones. I got one made on the advice of Mr Read and it's absolutely perfect and holds the wheel solid!