24" Tyres

Lambton

There's a few

Kenda Blue groove

Maxxis High Roller

Maxxis Swampthing

Schwalbe big betty

Schwalbe fat albert

Fat alberts are wank, I hate schwalbe's overall to be honest. Kendas are pretty good but heavy and no spring, amazing for dropgaps though. Maxxis are good, as long as you get the DH casing, 60a or 42a is better for natural/wet weather.

Am i the only person that gets on with Fat Alberts?

Nope. I've got one on my 24'' right now and find it alright. Then again I'm not a very experienced trials rider... I have a new Highroller Super Tacky and Swampthing Supertacky though. Just in case I get better and need better ones. :D

The only rear tires that I'll run on my Radix are the Maxxis Swampthing or High Roller. Stable, no flats, super grippy in wet and dry (with 42a compound). Bike Trials Direct just posted on their Facebook page that they have the High Roller 24s back in stock www.facebook.com/pages/Bike-Trials-Direct/. Normally I wouldn't share where I get these tires because they're rare, but I've already stocked up for the season :P

There's a few

Kenda Blue groove

Maxxis High Roller

Maxxis Swampthing

Schwalbe big betty

Schwalbe fat albert

new continental

Fat alberts are wank, I hate schwalbe's overall to be honest. Kendas are pretty good but heavy and no spring, amazing for dropgaps though get 10x better if you cut all the side nobnles off. Maxxis are good, as long as you get the DH casing, 60a or 42a is better for natural/wet weather.

• 3 months later...

Just wondering. For the rear I've got a HighRoller 42a for pretty much all dry/wet conditions and a SwampThing 42a for muddy terrain. Now I'm wondering what would be the best choice for a front tyre when it comes to muddy conditions?

The Maxxis Snyper is alright in the wet but mud shedding is non existent. I ran half an hour in the mud and my front tyre looked like a slicked one for the mud literally sticks to this tyre. The Rocket Ron is pretty shite in the wet already so I can't imagine it to be any better than the Snyper in the mud.

So what are my options? I don't care that much for weight as it's gonna be winter soon and I'll want to be practicing with a heavy bike to come out stronger in the summer with the Fat Albert/Rocket Ron combination in the dry.

edit: The conti won't perform well in the mud either or am I mistaken?

Edited by niconj

Why are "pure" trials riders using DH tyres for trials? Isn't slicks have better grip? Especially for natural/urban.

I tried a slicked Super Tacky on wet pallets, rocks and stuff and it didn't really perform that well. Not as well as my HighRoller Super Tacky. In the mud, and that's what I'll be riding a lot in the upcoming season, a slicked tyre isn't really useful.

Also, I have my tyre choices set for the rear, it's the front I'm worrying about. I said that I don't care about the weight but I'm not gonna put a 1100gr. Super Tacky tyre on the front. :D

Wilf swears by dmr moto rt's for street. I'm struggling for tyre choice, just got the standard fit kenda kinetics on at the mo. Am torn between an maxxis high roller, a halo ception, or an air king. Ception is really heavy though, but it is big and bouncy

Wilf swears by dmr moto rt's for street. I'm struggling for tyre choice, just got the standard fit kenda kinetics on at the mo. Am torn between an maxxis high roller, a halo ception, or an air king. Ception is really heavy though, but it is big and bouncy

I am talking about the front tyre and about muddy conditions.

If you want to go for street trials then of the above mentioned, the Air King should work best. But not my question.

if it was me i wouldn't buy another air king, had problems with mine and rubbish in anything other than perfect conditions. for front i like my kenda block 8, but the bead is a bit shit when it come to inflating the tyre. but id rather go through that hasle than run my synper.

Hm... the Kenda doesn't seem like the first choice for muddy conditions though.

Its alright, I don't ride in shitty conditions anyway. Only when it's dry haha. Dual air kings for me I think, should look pretty good on a TGS bike

Yeah I saw an Echo with dual Conti but I went away from the looks (and weight). I just want to have a working bike that is good in the wet/mud as I'll be running in these conditions the next couple of months.

Edited by niconj

Think that was Duncan Shaw's bike. I liked the look of it, and those air kings have to be lighter and gripper than what I have on now, the rubber is really hard on them and they have no feel to them at all, no indication of when they are going to slip

Edited by bing

Think that was Duncan Shaw's bike. I liked the look of it, and those air kings have to be lighter and gripper than what I have on now, the rubber is really hard on them and they have no feel to them at all, no indication of when they are going to slip

i dont think an air king will be lighter on the front than your kenda small block. ( i think you run an kenda?)

the back on the other hand

btw mine has been sent back to continental as they cant fix it from being eg shapped