First bike?

AlexClare94

Wanna know what all your first bikes were and what age you all started, mines pretty damn embarrassing, an onza t bird 03 grey frame and tree green forks ect started when I was like 10 oh the good old days, all my mates were on t pros, one of which had a t pro but the chrome edition with the triangle shaped frame and lime green brakes haha

i bought a t pro 09 version when i was year 7 of school (don't know the age i was though) as something to help with balance etc for the motorbike as i was pretty keen or the motor bikes back then but the push bike trials quickly over took the motorbikes when i bought my second bike a year ago (echo pure)

Is that the one I saw you out on last week Danny - popping wheelies?

I had a bit of an accident on one of them when I was like 5 haha oh dear, chased these sheep down a road and went straight into the back of a tractor :// no brakes on the damn thing and the hill was like steep as hell

my first trials bike was a well used, old, bad con Base T20, 20 inch wheels front and rear, i was like 17kg, V-s, and i loved it. Although the modern frame after felt truly amazing :D

gallery_24709_2210_41591.jpg

Yeah haha I had the PRO during that time I'm guessing, and my god I never knew at the time you had to wear in your freewheel or whatever it was and it just skipped almost instantly after I bought it :/ and snapped the crappy chain tensioners haha and the Cable Disc brakes were utterly shocking

My first "proper" trials bike was a Monty 230 urban it was red and white I had Planet-X knifen forks which weighed a ton, middleburns, Hope hub on Sun double track rim on the back, XT front disc hub on a Mavic 321cd with IRC El gato tyres and Hayes hfx9 discs front and rear.

Edited by Scott Gibbs

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

swxpol.jpg

1996 (though the pictures of a 95) GT Avalanche, identical spec to that, this is before even V brakes were around. Did a years worth of comps on that bike with no trials modifications to it. Still got the frame.

• Like 2