Netley Marsh Steam And Craft Show 2014

JJ Leigh

WANTED!!...A group of 10-12 riders to perform 'Trials Riding' in a purpose built arena at the Netley Marsh Steam & Craft Show 2014 based on the edge of the New Forest in Hampshire, SO40 7YG.

We are trying to promote trials riding in the South of England and hope this will be the first of many. Over 20,000 people visit the show during the course of the weekend, so we would be very interested to hear from anyone wishing to take part.

Riders will receive FREE entry to the show grounds 50 acre site, including FREE on-site camping for the duration of the show if required (riders are required to bring own tent/caravan ect).

There is plenty to see and do including steam engines, vintage cars, bikes and trucks, food hall and stalls, beer tent and evening entertainment, live music plus lots more.

Dates required for riders are:- Friday 25th July, 2014

Saturday 26th July, 2014

&

Sunday 27th July, 2014

If you are interested in taking part on any or all of these dates, we'd love to hear from you. Please reply via this forum or contact Ray direct on 07881 818699.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by JJ Leigh

if your there for the 3 days that'd be best guys! but ill be there on the day before the event starts to set everything up on what were riding so any ideas n stuff on what you wanna ride let me know and ill try and "replicate" it. but the course last year was good so ill keep some stuff the same. we might be able to move stuff around on the days but not too sure...

should be good though! :)

Is this being run alongside the Waterside mototrials club or the Waltham Chase guys or similar? All previous years have had the moto as the 'main event' with us cycle guys messing around in between. The moto boys also did the course set up in previous years making it to suit their riders ability (which ranges from little kids going over sleepers to national level riders doing big stuff.

• Like 1

thats right, basically the riding you and me done last year was enjoyed so much, a team has been requested to ride there (mainly your riding:p) so when the moto trials have a break, we go and ride, its basically taking turns but not like 5 minute rides, they'll be longer than that :)

Also like I said, most of it will be based on how it was last year so as a deffinite that the moto riders will be able to ride stuff there. Its mainly tweaks and adding some extras for us but I've got in mind that they're gonna be there too so ill keep it within their levels for sure. Hope that makes sense :)

Also being only 15, I'm not the one "in charge". My dad, the moto trials and the rally are in charge of course so they'll have a better understanding of stuff than me, I'm just passing it down really

Edited by JJ Leigh

• 2 weeks later...

i could be up for the sunday. if action man dave is there :dance:

haha no worries, feel free to come along with or without the bike magician :P

everyone is obviously welcome to bring family and friends etc. that's what the event revolves around anyway

EDIT FOR PARTICIPANTS/RIDERS: to sort out tickets and insurance, we need to know full addresses, names and contact details. if you could all pm your details to me i can get things under way :) obviously all details will be kept private, cheers guys :)

Edited by JJ Leigh

Tom McMillan and I might be able to ride one of the days for you.

How many riders have you got? Might be able to gather another two riders...

so far if Dave is going, then 5 others adding you two and skuzzbucket if that makes sense, however we dont have time for "maybe's" any more so if you could pm me with your confirmed days that you'll be able to attend then that'd be great. info will always be kept private remember and it will be used to sort out insurance. If there's any questions or problems please don't hesitate to get in touch.

same goes for everyone else too, we need details very soon to sort out the insurance and time is running out. sooner its done, the better. All riders please note that without the insurance you will NOT be able to ride/perform at the venue.

I won't be able to do the Friday as I'm up in Scotland but should be around on the Saturday and Sunday.

no worries that's totally fine, if you could pm me with your full name and address then insurance will be sorted asap :)

Edited by JJ Leigh

I can come! :)

if your 100% certain, then be all means come along man :) like i say before, if you could pm me with your full name and address then it should be good to go man!

EDIT FOR EVERYONE: if you wish to bring a vehicle to the venue and drive/park inside the venue i will need the numberplate's of any vehicles being brought by 5:30 pm TOMORROW (Thursday 10th of July). this can also be sent by a personal message.

Cheers guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

almost time, started to set things up and so far its looking incredible! dad's got in touch with people so we can have obstacles built for us such as a rail/pole stairset and a possible giant see saw! hehe gonna be so good :D

Shout out to Adam@TartyBikes for banners to make it look a bit better, as well as helping to spread the sport too!

cya there guys! :)

is it actually going to be a good set up because us toast lads have completely forgotten about it now we're really curious about it all

why yes, of course. we might be able to move some stuff around should the toasted bagels want to be drama queens :P

to be honest im not sure if you saw the set up last year? some of it is being kept the same or very similar and the rest is being changed and more stuff added on ect :) setting everything up today so any special requests guys?

Items around the 43" mark would be sick.

dropgaps are ideal.

also a big thing to jump off would be gr8 m8.

got any pictures of the setup last year?

sure sure no problemo haha and theres a few but not loads.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100854817@N04/

remember theres gonna be alot more there this year

i THINK we have a container from the docks mate hahaha

oh btw Matt u found out how ur getting there yet? cuz if u want you could get the train to Totton station and my dad could pick you up if necessary :)

Edited by JJ Leigh