Lost recorded delivery

*gentlydoesit

Recorded is not tracked, it will only provide a signature and proof of delivery, if it goes missing before then there is nothing you can do apart from claim for a missing parcel. Recorded is £50 cover I think so hopefully not worth more than that

So you had a tracking number, but you don't have it to hand? Pretty sure, as said, that's not 'recorded' – not that it matters. What might be worth a check is any emails from the vendor if it was a internet order – although you may have deleted the obvious one, often every single email from the vendor will have the tracking number in it in my experience.

So you had a tracking number, but you don't have it to hand? Pretty sure, as said, that's not 'recorded' – not that it matters. What might be worth a check is any emails from the vendor if it was a internet order – although you may have deleted the obvious one, often every single email from the vendor will have the tracking number in it in my experience.

Nah, he's sent something and the missus has lost the receipt containing the tracking number. As has been mentioned, worth asking at the post office where you sent it in case they can do anything but if Mr Postie Johns himself says no then that's probably the answer.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was through royal mail jd.

Can't remember the actual term but it needs signing for and I got a tracking number on the receipt, sure it was just recorded, maybe I'm wrong :S

The local P/O said they can't do anything, but to me if its being electronically tracked and signed for on an electronic device, some one knows where it is or if its been delivered. I just can't find out who :( was kinda hoping some one else had a similar experience and found a solution

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Check the bundle of 5000 receipts in her handbag. It will be in there somewhere along with a whole mountain of crap.

This.

So has it not arrived at the other end and no sign of a sorry you were out card? and is the recipient friend or foe. If friend you can get them to go into the delivery office and ask very nicely if they can check for it. If foe - you are f**ked.