New Inspired Fourplay Pro/Console bikes

Mark W

Fabio Wibmer rides one with them

Or he's just got a green Skye fork.. I don't know

i reckon the skye forks should be brought out in different colours so people can choose to have through axles or not. even if they were like £200, so many people like skyes because of the axles and ive seen tonnes of bikes with the inspired team forks so i doubt it would hurt to make them available separately

just saw the vid of the drop and roll tour and fabio is using through forks so they must be skye ones painted green

EDIT: stuff that theyre not straight from top to bottom so they could be a proto or something :S

Edited by JJ Leigh

You can see the opening at the bottom of the dropout. But Fabio might use a Skye fork.

Yeah, but I'm talking about the Fourplay Team, not the Forplay Pro.

Check this video..

seems like the rear axle is bolt through too.

Would make sense if this was a new Fourplay Team prototype, wouldn't it?

Edited by Max F

The blue Skye has oversized forks so size wise it all matches up a bit better, this has just the headtube, but I like it.

Always wondered...is the head tube longer to make up for the 20+ mm of headset you're losing so front end height stays the same height? As the stacker/stem situation all looks the same.

I believe it's taken into account, although there's only so much you can do without making a pretty gash looking front end :P

Will the console have shorter reach than the arcade? And what will have a bigger reach fourplay or console? What do you people think?

The actual reach is going to be shorter thanks to the slightly slacker head angle, but the figure might appear bigger as I seem to remember it has a slightly longer head tube.

The new Fourplay Team will have bolt through axles, right?

I'd imagine that the Team version of the new Fourplay would use the same frame/fork as the Pro shown here.

f**k knows, too many variations! I'll guess he's testing a bolt through Fourplay.

Both Fabio and Rob have been on non-standard Fourplays for a while now, just trying out some different frame/forks. From memory, Fabio was riding an internal head tube'd Fourplay when we were at Dressler Camp last year, to give you an idea.

• Like 1

Will the console have shorter reach than the arcade? And what will have a bigger reach fourplay or console? What do you people think?

The console is nice to ride, I like a massive reach (665ish) and this frame with a 70mm stem and Arcade bars feels perfect!

Regarding the Console.

Have to wait for the price, but i doubt it'll effect my opinion of disapointed. Still to much of a blur between them all. Graphics are nasty but the paintwork is nice tbf. Like to own one, but they just don't have the features i would like and have unecessary ones. Paying big money for partially what i want isn't on my list. I know they spent a long time getting it all perfect but it's the wrong direction. I know i'm not the only one with these opinions either. Hope you take that onboard guys.

Out of interest (as I'm a little out of the loop) what is the thinking behind another bike with such incremental changes? I'm beginning to loose track slightly with the inspired range, is it an attempt to hit different price points? The arcade and console just seem to be really similar but with different build kits (when obviously the usual approach would be to do a cheaper build kit on an existing frame).

Crazy number of different 24"s in the range-never thought I'd see such a thing-real good going for inspired.

Regarding the Console.

Have to wait for the price, but i doubt it'll effect my opinion of disapointed. Still to much of a blur between them all. Graphics are nasty but the paintwork is nice tbf. Like to own one, but they just don't have the features i would like and have unecessary ones. Paying big money for partially what i want isn't on my list. I know they spent a long time getting it all perfect but it's the wrong direction. I know i'm not the only one with these opinions either. Hope you take that onboard guys.

It might be hard for Inspired to "take it onboard" if you're not actually being specific about anything :P I'm still not really too sure what you were expecting though in that you've seen the prototype version for quite a while? There was never really going to be a huge change between that and the production version. Carl and Ben really like their frames (from what I can remember on your version you were running an unusual gear ratio and switched from running brakes to brakeless which might not have given it much of a chance? You mentioned it felt to you just like the Element but I don't really get how it could in that they're entirely different in every way...) and general feedback from other people who've tried them has been positive - the only person who ever really had any issues was you, but I think you're after a very unique/specific frame (which would explain why your Triton is so unique). As far as I know Ben and Carl hadn't really requested they change anything, and with it being based heavily on the Arcade which has had unanimously good feedback from people who have them I'd imagine that in a commercial sense they've probably made the right choices even if it isn't necessarily exactly whatever you might want.

Out of interest (as I'm a little out of the loop) what is the thinking behind another bike with such incremental changes? I'm beginning to loose track slightly with the inspired range, is it an attempt to hit different price points? The arcade and console just seem to be really similar but with different build kits (when obviously the usual approach would be to do a cheaper build kit on an existing frame).

Crazy number of different 24"s in the range-never thought I'd see such a thing-real good going for inspired.

Different price points primarily. The Console is to the Arcade what the Element is to the Fourplay, in a way.

How much cheaper then the arcade frame kit are we talking? A ball park idea like? And would I have to buy/modify much to just swap the spec over from my fourplay?

Oh and I'm all for inspired bringing out a large range of 24s, because I've been mad to get the arcade since they came out,but I just can't afford it, hoping that the console will be more achievable

Edited by persistant_itch

I had wrote a fair amount of feedback to them, to the extent i could, i didn't get as much of riding on it as i'd wanted due to my knee. But Dave never followed up on anything.

I also shared my thoughts and opinions about Inspired's direction and the bike to some and they felt the same. I will not disclose names for obvious reasons.

My point is just that there are people out there who aren't convinced on these bikes. Lack of a better word...

I will say though they gave me the frame only. And i did specify that the frame NEEDED the forks to be ridden correctly. Can't emphasise that enough.

I rarely ride anybody's Arcade/ 24" because i don't believe them to be that fun. While i get on Mr Wells' Octane and it's great.

When i rode the Element it was good for what it was. Although hard work for anything too street. I feel this bike dares to stray very far from the others.

While the bikes are good, i just can't except those prices for something not ideal. The market really hasn't got much in it so it's not suprising every man and his dog has one. The steels while a step forward, it's only half a step.

I'm not here to bash like a tgs bike (hah), cause they are genuine nice guys.

I see...... Makes sense. And was the slight jig in geo to make it less extreme for potential newer riders (who'd go for the cheaper bike)?

Partially, and also just to offer people more choice really. The chainstay length had to be a little different primarily because it had to have a screw-on rear hub with a 16t freewheel on it, so it's a fractionally shorter back end too.

How much cheaper then the arcade frame kit are we talking? A ball park idea like? And would I have to buy/modify much to just swap the spec over from my fourplay?

Oh and I'm all for inspired bringing out a large range of 24s, because I've been mad to get the arcade since they came out,but I just can't afford it, hoping that the console will be more achievable

I genuinely don't know about pricing, sorry. The last time I spoke to Dave about it they were planning on releasing them as separate items so things have obviously changed a fair bit since then :P In terms of swapping parts from your Fourplay, everything would go straight over to it apart from your seatpost as I think the Console runs a 25.4mm post size.

I rarely ride anybody's Arcade/ 24" because i don't believe them to be that fun. While i get on Mr Wells' Octane and it's great.

...which is kind of weird in that the geo of the Arcade is really similar to the Model C (which you seem interested in), yet the Octane frame Dave's got is slacker/more sluggish in every department which would make it 'harder' for the kind of street stuff you do?

I genuinely don't know about pricing, sorry. The last time I spoke to Dave about it they were planning on releasing them as separate items so things have obviously changed a fair bit since then :P In terms of swapping parts from your Fourplay, everything would go straight over to it apart from your seatpost as I think the Console runs a 25.4mm post size.

Nice one Mark, hope it's a good bit cheaper! And the geo isn't all that different is it?

Not really, no. The head angle is the only real difference - if you ran your setup on an Arcade you'd have the same chainstay length as the Console, so it's only really the head angle that would change. Even then it's only a small change from the Arcade (but much more of a change from your Fourplay!).

Not really, no. The head angle is the only real difference - if you ran your setup on an Arcade you'd have the same chainstay length as the Console, so it's only really the head angle that would change. Even then it's only a small change from the Arcade (but much more of a change from your Fourplay!).

Well Here's hoping the pricing is decent! Thanks for that man

Edited by persistant_itch