Hope EVO 2 Pro Trials serious problem

Clerictgm mk2

My friend has defective bearings in this hub. He bought it 1.5 years ago brand new. Now his hub are spinning like shit, crazy rolling resistance. Unrideable.

Is there are systematic defect or what?

Also my 1 year old hub are also has some strangeness: when I spin axle with my hand there are vibration and absolutely not smooth spinning. WTF?

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

How the f*ck bearings on legendary HOPE hub may worn/break in 1 year? Even chineesish and shittish hubs for $5 doesn't have this problems.

nice to see you 'Not' trying to be a cock this time.....

Trials is abusive as hell, sealed bearings arnt indestructible. Contamination by water, grit, salt water, ect will rapidly shorten their lifespan.

For the price of bearings these days, are you really complaining that you have to spend £5 on hub bearings every year/year and a half?

• Like 1

I'm riding not the 1st day and have had hubs that are 5+ years old. And they doesn't have problems like that. This is not normal when legendary hub needs new bearings in just 1 year. I thought it was obvious.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

Don't forget you live in a climate where it's predominantly cold as f**k, and severe cold does change the properties of lubricants used in bearings and such like. Stop moaning and change them, nothing lasts forever. And by the way, I think you c**ts did it

• Like 5

Don't forget you live in a climate where it's predominantly cold as f**k, and severe cold does change the properties of lubricants used in bearings and such like. Stop moaning and change them, nothing lasts forever. And by the way, I think you c**ts did it

>cold as f**k

1) Someone need to learn school course of physics and geography.

2) At winter I ride indoors where are pretty warm (since I've got an Inspired). So even if we are stupid and think that CRAZY COOOLD affects bearings nothing will happen to them because of CRAZY COOOLD.

But previously I was riding at winter outdoors. My Echo TR hubs lived in this CRAZY COOOLD conditions for 2 years and I ride with them even in -36°C. So you want to say that ECHO>HOPE? Catalogue chineese shit>than legendary made in UK parts? CRAZY ROOOOFL.

Furthermore my old cheap like hell shimano chineese shit bike have not a single problems and rides awesome in CRAZY DEADLY COOOLD Russian winter.

efa8a51a3b2d04638ea6dfa970300d89.jpg

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

You really are being a cock this time, nothing ever changes.

I've been to school, and have a perfectly good grasp of physics and geography. Russia is far enough away from me not to have people like you bothering me all the time. But then again I could move back to Goole, where the rest of your lot live

I've been to the hope factory, and seen how they make the hubs. They are one of the reasons I'm proud to be British. Knobs like you don't appreciate engineering genius when it comes and smacks you in the face. Stick to your Chinese shit then. THE only reason I don't run hope hubs on my mod is because they don't make one yet with a 12t driver. But when they do, I'm getting some.

Hope don't manufacture their own bearings...

That's seems to be a reason. I don't have anything against Hope. Their parts gave me hope to ride calmly and not to care about replacements and repairs every single month. Also a hope not to die/get injured because of skipping/breaking of not so reliable modern trials parts.

My hub is rather OK than not, I'll service bearings to be sure. But my friends hub is already need new bearings, that's sad.

You really are being a cock this time, nothing ever changes.

I've been to school, and have a perfectly good grasp of physics and geography. Russia is far enough away from me not to have people like you bothering me all the time. But then again I could move back to Goole, where the rest of your lot live

I've been to the hope factory, and seen how they make the hubs. They are one of the reasons I'm proud to be British. Knobs like you don't appreciate engineering genius when it comes and smacks you in the face. Stick to your Chinese shit then. THE only reason I don't run hope hubs on my mod is because they don't make one yet with a 12t driver. But when they do, I'm getting some.

I don't see logical faults in my statements. I born and live in Russia. Climate of my city is not so warm (record low -55 C) and -30 are nothing special at winter. So I'm happy to use bikes, motorbikes and cars in this conditions. I and my friends have real experience of riding at winter at bicycles of any kind and we never had a single problem with bearings, sealed or not. NEVER.

I think you know that real experience>than any kind of theory?

Also

>Russia is far enough away from me not to have people like you bothering me all the time

this is how "The most civilized and humane people of the world" communicate? Lol.

Ethnic intolerance and some few other types of intolerance are a direct sign of a weak mind.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

I don't see logical faults in my statements. I born and live in Russia. Climate of my city is not so warm (record low -55 C) and -30 are nothing special at winter. So I'm happy to use bikes, motorbikes and cars in this conditions. I and my friends have real experience of riding at winter at bicycles of any kind and we never had a single problem with bearings, sealed or not. NEVER.

Also

>Russia is far enough away from me not to have people like you bothering me all the time

this is how "The most civilized and humane people of the world" communicate? Lol.

Ethnic intolerance and some few other types of intolerance are a direct sign of a weak mind.

Not an Ethnic intolerance, just a 'Clerictgm' intolerance :wink:

• Like 1

Also

I don't profess to being civilised or humane, Im a right wanker. But I do have a lot of intolerance for arrogant self centered twats that think the entire world revolves around them. Its nowt to do with being Russian, although it is a lot more prominent with your culture and particularly Americans.

And by the way, communicating my opinion in this manner is not the sign of a 'weak mind'. Name calling is definitely juvenile, and it makes me happy, but not weak minded. It takes a strong mind to have job, house, car, children, shed full of bikes, and not be a moaning criminal tosser

Edited by bing
  • Like 3

I don't profess to being civilised or humane, Im a right wanker. But I do have a lot of intolerance for arrogant self centered twats that think the entire world revolves around them. Its nowt to do with being Russian, although it is a lot more prominent with your culture and particularly Americans.

And by the way, communicating my opinion in this manner is not the sign of a 'weak mind'. Name calling is definitely juvenile, and it makes me happy, but not weak minded. It takes a strong mind to have job, house, car, children, shed full of bikes, and not be a moaning criminal tosser

>have job, house, car, children, shed full of bikes

Who said I don't have all this?

I don't really care what others think about me, but all this noise is pretty childish. There are no need to take all directly and so serious.

Anyway about bearings you are mistaken.

Come to Russia (not through UA airspace of course) at winter and we'll show you that cold is really nothing special. There are even afro-Russians(?) living here and no problem.

>have job, house, car, children, shed full of bikes

Who said I don't have all this?

I don't really care what others think about me, but all this noise is pretty childish. There are no need to take all directly and so serious.

Anyway about bearings you are mistaken.

Come to Russia (not through UA airspace of course) at winter and we'll show you that cold is really nothing special. There are even afro-Russians(?) living here and no problem.

You have kids?
  • Like 1

Just to clarify you cant class your right hand as a wife and kleenex as kids. Why you bother coming on this forum being a bell end is beyond me. Id personally pay Bing to fly where you are and punch you in the face but since you all f**ked up the airspace above your heads it isn't possible. Bell end!

I am not even going to read half of this thread because you all jump on the bandwagon and post absolute shite!

This happened to myself and after talking to other riders with the same hubs this weekend it's happened to a few other people.

I went into hope as the factory is very close to where I live and they swapped them over straight away and gave me spares if it did ever happen again. The people I spoke to this weekend included Mick Carthy (Jacks dad/bike mechanic haha) and after having the same problem hope sent them over some spares.

My advice would be to email Hope, explain your problem (I would advise you worded it far better than this thread) that you are from a different country and sending your hub in would cost too much and take too long. They should send you over some spare's to replace them with and you can just swap them as they are pretty easy to do. If you are incapable though contact the shop you bought them from and get them to do it for you.

It is a issue that they are aware of and have probably already sorted it out though.