Brakeless experts required ITT

Clerictgm mk2

I've started to ride brakeless after 8 months since I've started to ride trials.

a6da32f1820a70b7770ca07b905b89d2.jpeg

I found brakeless riding very fun and challenging and the main reason I decided to take off my brakes was decreasing joy of riding day by day. TGS is freakin' boring.

So starting to ride brakeless strongly cheered me up and I fell in love with riding again.

2d8c42862da0a0864b3cb223145ef194.jpeg

After 4 months of brakeless riding on my Because I switched to brakeless street-trials.

d211011c334391be273c70c91ee11c00.jpeg

I was totally brakeless for 1 year and 2 months.

6a16adf4b9b183a79285ceeb1b08e9a6.jpeg

Then I've tried to set some brakes on my Element

db8e082154f30c01147c455573137fe0.jpeg

but I don't liked it so they lasted on my bike for 2 weeks or so.

Then brakeless again, now for another 4 months.

0edafead601cd543ae0ebe9a483f06c3.jpeg

didn't liked for some reason how omen frame feels and turned back to element

5000290d787cc163b95d755a50cfca3f.jpeg

And all this time I was brakeless I was really happy! This was awesome and fun as hell! I love brakeless with all my heart.

But in November of 2013 I've started to ride some fulldisc fourplay.

36f0ed985fa25c595bfa09b74dd6f6a8.jpeg

46536f5dc76618252aadb11c99bc1f81.jpeg

So until yesterday I was riding with this hated by God little mechanical stopping machines.

Last ride I was brakeless again.

But something wrong happened to me, I do not like riding brakeless no more(?).

Maybe this is just some frustration because of:

1) less comfort on CRAZY MUf**kA riding streets of my city scaring pedestrians and doing some big dropgaps, drops from stairs and stuff. Saying that in more adequate manner - it's not so comfy to ride urban FR. Yes I ride urban(and not only urban, local DH track is fine too) FR on my Inspired. 22-12 and let's rock! Less comfort + more fear and danger.

2) This was only 1 ride and:

a) I forgot how to ride brakeless (need to remember some things).

B) Bike from 11960g. became 10400g. I don't really like it. Bike became less inert and I need to get used to new weight.

So, dear brakeless experts, advise something useful please, tell about your "phases" of "brakewith" and brakeless riding, Maybe some people switch periodically?

Maybe I'll need to ride with brakes for some time and don't care about it or maybe I need to force myself for a week or two of brakeless riding to flow into it again?

Brakeless FТW!

Would it be possible to have 2 bikes, 1 with brakes and 1 without? I like a bit of brakeless now and again but can never be bothered to take my brakes off. Having 1 of each would let you do a bit of both depending on what mood you're in and stop you getting bored.

It's a good idea but having two identical bikes is pretty strange, although it would be really interesting to see opinions on how much brakeless bike must weight from some skilled riders. Because 10.4 kg seems too light for me.

The main problem is that I love both types of riding. Brakeless trials is way more enjoyable for me (but some spots are better to ride with brakes), but freeride is pretty impossible without brakes, especially at DH track.

why not get a pair of disc brakes, with clamped levers, so you can install them in like 5 minutes?

Or go Luke Cockshott, and install a rear brake only?

Pretty interesting thoughts, thanks. In FR using front brake are pretty dangerous without huge 200mm susp. fork. so 90% of time I use rear brake and when doing street-trials front brake are almost irrelevant too.