RELIABLE freewheel.

williams

YOYOYO!

So snapped some pawls in my echo freewheel, don't know how much mr Booth used the bike before me but can't be much (Not blaming this on Mr Booth at all, just stating that it's new). So this echo freewheel which came on the bike must be pretty much brand new... Either way, I've been "riding" for 2 years pretty much, and I've killed 6 freewheels, all of them from pawls snapping...

I obviously need a new one, but I'm curious about the new Jitsie freewheels? How are they? Or should I just buy the echo and replace it every 4/5th month of riding as I usually tend to do?

I'm so tired of replacing freewheels and not being able to trust them at all... It seems like the pawls are the things that breaks for me.

Help would be mucho appreciated! Thanks:)

Edited by williams

Please ECHO, do it again...

The rose-tinted glasses 99% of the trials world like to wear mean that even if they developed some kind of new uber-SL freewheel people would still say that this batch wasn't as good as back in the halcyon days of old.

• Like 4

The rose-tinted glasses 99% of the trials world like to wear mean that even if they developed some kind of new uber-SL freewheel people would still say that this batch wasn't as good as back in the halcyon days of old.

No, sorry. In this case it's a fact. Old echo SL is better than the new one.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone else chime in on this? Adam kindly gave me his thoughts and recommended both the SL and the Jitsie, but I'm interested to hear personal experiences as my second SL is now on the way out. My first one died very quickly whereas my second lasted about year of fairly regular riding.