some trials tutorial or advise?

DYAKOV

Been out riding yesterday and tried to figure out a basic trick that's quite often used when riding natural.. Don't know what it's called but it seems like a mix of surge and zap tap probably. It's when you have your both wheels on the same level or your front wheel at a relatively low height and with almost no compression/energy involved you get on a rear wheel on the place that your front wheel used to be. Hope that makes sense as I can't seem to find any clips to show just now. I can do surge and static zap tap to rear wheel on a wall but when tried to do this one it looks as I've just pedal kicked. Any advise on what should I try if you get what I mean at all?
Cheers,
Nasco

Try concentrating on using both your feet to move the bike. So, instead of kicking with your leading foot to go to back wheel, you should put pressure on both your pedals, bend your knees and spring the bike into the position you want.

You can also use the spring of the front tyre. So push down on the bars and as the tyre rebounds, lift with your arms and throw your hips forward.

• Like 2

Thats a static hop. Here's some info on it.

http://www.trashzen.com/static-hop-wheel-transfer.php

Trashzen is a great turotial site BTW. And the video is part of a playlist, all the trashzen tuts are in there..

Thanks Eric! I think Ross got it right, though.. Will try to do what he says later on today.

if you see this: http://youtu.be/-r9sTzc44YQ?t=6s I think I'm doing a static hop on those clips but the trick I tried to explain seems a bit different.. It might be just the height making it look different, don't know. Thanks anyway both of you!