Tgs 24" tyre and setup question

bing

I'm now on a 2012 echo 24. It's got the standard fit kenda kinetics on it, which weigh a fricking ton, and don't feel terribly grippy if I'm honest. Need some advice

1. Good rear tyre choices. Air kings, Fat Albert, Big Betty, maxxis high roller (42a if I can find one) 60a if not. Also, has anyone tried a halo contra, 24x2.6 I believe

2. Stems. I currently run a 165x35 onza mod stem, but it feels a bit high. What do the majority of people run?

Thank you please

Edited by bing

I run a high roller and I can safely say I can land in a razor and never get a puncture, not only that but when I go natural the grip is really really good.

The stem is personal preference though.

Edited by valk

When I dropped from my 165*35 to a 150*30 the transformation was immense.

Would recommend giving it a whirl.

My fat albert is OK. I have had a few punctures. Just run a decent pressure.

Incredibly bouncy.. not very gripy. Ok for street but dog shit on wet rocks.

150X30 Was a pretty compy setup I felt. 165x25 was really f**king pogo stick tgs sidehop mobile. 150x35 I quite enjoyed but it made the bike feel quite stock like. Although it was proper nice for bunnyhops, and bunnys to manuals. And gap to fronts felt ace as well with that. Have mine for sale if you're interested.

Tyre wise a swampthing was the best I ever had. Slick though ofc. The 60a high roller I ran felt pretty decent but it was only on for a couple of rides.

• Like 1

Tyre wise a swampthing was the best I ever had.

Whether a swampthing or a Highroller doesn't matter (if you slick them anyways) as long as it's a Super Tacky, right?

I have both in 42a and a Fat Albert but still thinking of buying a new Conti....

to be fair i never felt the need for the supertacky compound,running the 60a ones and never lost grip yet.

for stems,its personal preference really,everyone and his mother seems to get on with 150x30 though

i got a 175x35 on my 24,getting used to it right now,but so far it feels nice and bunnyhoppish.what everyone says isnt your guideline,what suits you is :)

No i bloody don't. Done the tykes comp today, front is deffo too high with that stem on. I want a trialtech 150x30, not a fan of sloping top caps. And those tyres are shite. Deffo need something better

Edited by bing