Shoes with ankle support?

cwtrials

Hey, I've searched a bit and haven't really seemed to find anything. Any shoes are there decent for trials and have decent built in ankle support? I'm wearing a brace right now with my ribo's but would love to lose the brace and streamline the whole thing.

If not I might take a sewing machine to my ribos and try to integrate the brace directly. Rolled my ankle too many times to ride without one now.

it depends how much you tighten some shoes up i guess. i had some Vans half-cabs and done up tight they worked well for me! but im just using the FiveTen MacAskill shoes and to be honest with my shin pads they seem to keep my ankles alot more "rigid" but dont restrict my movement. (my shin pads have ankle protection as well so when there tucked in your shoes it makes the whole shin pad seem connected to the shoe) if that makes any sense? i might need to word it differently but oh well :)

A friend of mine has Five Ten Water Tennies in my size and let me try them. Definitely not as supportive as an ankle brace, but a big step up from the Ribos. The ankle is higher, the Ribo is more of a mid, and the laces go all the way to the top which helps get it tight around the ankle. I think I might end up going with the Five Ten Guide tennies as they're pretty much the same design as the water tennies, but with a more robust material.

I strongly recommend Vans Sk8Hi.

Used to get hold of them in some local outlets for a decent price since they seem to be disliked by most people (well, apart from those Hipsters...)

-edit-

I have used Vans throughout my entire trials life. I really like the combination of the waffleiron-sole, which is great on platformpedals, decent price and the ability to wear them in everyday life as well..

Fanboy here.

Edited by Martin Direske