Chain issue

Dazza1414

I've recently built up a new frame by transfering all my parts from my Echo to a Hex frame. Every thing on the drive chain worked fine on the Echo but now the chain is jumping under load. I've tried re-aligning the chain but it hasn't made any difference so far. Has anyone got any suggestions, it's driving me mental!

Cheers

use a two jockey wheel sprung tensioner (superstar/Trialtech/tensile etc. or splash on a Rohloff) and get it tucked up into the chainstay. most likely (almost deffo) the cause of your chainwrap issue. A single wheel tensioner will not do.

The other one I've had is that some sprockets don't have the depth on the teeth others do. I had it with a king cog and solved it with this gusset sprocket. You can see the difference in the photo, with the king cog the chain roller just climbed up the tooth and then skipped, there's an outside chance this could be your problem.

Seem to have solved the issue. I have "re-modelled" the bracket on the fixed tensioner with a file and locked it down tight. There is still a slight noise when pedalling backwards but it no longer seems to want to jump when under load.Just hope it holds up. Next job is trying to shave a bit of weight off. It weighs twice as much as my echo did, but then it is a street trials bike I guess. Any suggestions ?

Edited by Dazza1414