Beginner need advice

Halil

Firstly Hi :)

Ok so i am currently riding a long time owned mountain bike that has 24 inch wheels, but would like to get a trials bike. Recently i have been wanting to get either a bmx or a trials bike and keep switching between the two, but i thought it out and decide that a trials bike would be more suitable to the area i live (parks and forests). Now but what i dont know is what size to get , i have done a little research and know that there are 20,24 and 26 inch bikes. since the bike i currenlty own is quite heavy i would think the 24 inch wont be so bad, but what im worried/confused about is does the size of the wheel, effect the height/distance you can hop/jump. i currently need to save up some more money but i was interested in the Inspired Brand, and liked the Flow 24 inch.

Could you give me some advice and guidance please ? btw i think i am roughly 5'6 -5'7 tall considering my age (17), about 60kg (mainly muscle)

Thanks

Pros and cons to both 20 and 26 kinda balances out... I've been led to understand that 24 is a bit of best-of-both-worlds. Being in the average/shorter range a 24 might well be perfect for you. My vote is always go for what looks fun. It won't last forever, then you can try something else if you want.

Hi mate. im the same size as you and ride a 26" Inspired. I used to ride a 20" onza. I can hop up and gap the exact same size stuff on both bikes so don't be worried about wheel size, its skill and leg power that gets you up n over things. if you are used to 24" then stick with that if you want. I think I shall be moving to 24" in the near future as it will be cheaper to buy a new bike than to build the one I want.

Ok thanks for both of your advice, I recon I will get a 24 inch, as I've got used to the size, I guess I will learn, I'm seeing it as an investment so should last me a while, 24 inch would be the best of both trials and bmx so , gonna start saving up , btw does anyone know any trusted shops that I could purchase the bike from, I've heard a lot about tartybikes are they any good?