Any Ideas to temporarily fix cracked 05 HS33 lever body?

ClarkeHutchison

Tonight i was out riding and cracked my lever body, i know i should have modified it better to prevent this in the first place.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever done a quick fix on this temporarily , I am hoping to use it for just a couple of days before getting a replacement.

It is on the bottom side of body and is cracked right through, so the lever is wobbling all over the place, but brake is still working. I know this might be a stupid idea that could lead to an accident, but i'm desperate to get riding again...... ANY IDEAS..

Thanks

IMG_05301_zps228d93c8.jpg

IMG_05321_zpsee756699.jpg

If you have the material you could bodge up a ally strap coming off of the lever clamp bolt, will look hideous but should hold it if it's thick enough sheet.

Don't have aluminium straps but could try and get a hold of some, or make some.

It's just a short term plan so dosen't matter what it looks like. Thanks for your help.

Edited by ClarkeHutchison

For the sake of waiting two days I wouldn't even risk that. What of it snaps mid gap and you f**k up your landing and really hurt yourself. Not even worth it.

It snapped when landing a gap to front and the brake held fine, the annoying thing is the lever is moving all over the place, so I suppose I could easily miss the lever mid gap and have a nasty fall.

I will only ride it if I can modify it so it feels a lot sturdier.

Also what lever replacement would people recomend? I was thinking about the racing line CNC body but it's pretty expensive.

Yeh I went for a ride and although it held fine I decided to just use the rear brake.

I actually feel like my hooking technique improved after being limited to just the rear brake.

Also 05 hs33 lever body ordered, I will just need to raw it so it matches the other one :)

Edited by ClarkeHutchison